Method to edit stray data occurrences?

mtrcycllvr

Aug 31, 2011, 10:33:29 PM8/31/11
to its-electric-software
Greetings All!!

I've really been enjoying leveraging Robert's work and have been
running it on my Open Solaris based home NAS since about mid june..

Today I added a second MTU to my rig to accurately differentiate the
household IT power consumers from the rest of the household.. I did
a few things in concert there, but nothing that would corrupt the
database, I'm pretty sure..

1) Move DB to zfs compressed dataset.. Squish that data!! ;-)

2) Update the smf service properties to use the new zfs file system
and update the MTU count..

I made all my changes and lit up the "its-electric" smf service and
everything seems to be working just great.. I'm getting 1.44x on ZFS
compression without any noticable CPU loading on my tiny little Atom
CPU - so that part is good..

[ewt@helvetti:~]% sudo zfs get compressratio nas/homepower
NAME PROPERTY VALUE SOURCE
nas/homepower compressratio 1.44x -
[ewt@helvetti:~]%

Anyway, my "problem", if there is such, is that there now seems to be
a few stray zero readings in the DB dated 00:00:00 1.1.2009, and then
one at 01:00:00 7.19.2009..

... Oh, oh, dang it, use the tools, Eric! ;-)

When I use the HTML export I can see there is ONE stray record at
01:00:00 7.19.2009. I assume if you scale the chart it simply used a
whole year, thus the start of the chart on 1.1, right?

Anyway, long winded way to ask, can I somehow edit out that one stray
record and restore my charts to "normal"?

Thanks so much!

I hopefully will find some time to post about leveraging my Solaris
NAS box to run it's electric - how to configure SMF service contracts
and the like.. Someday soon..

Sincerely,

-ET-

My instance of its-electric is here if you want to see what I mean:
http://www.mtrcycllvr.org/power-consumption-in-suburb.html

Robert Tupelo-Schneck

Sep 8, 2011, 10:54:39 PM9/8/11
to its-electr...@googlegroups.com
This problem comes up often. I'm working on adding an option to
delete all data up to a certain time. There will be a release soon.

Robert

mtrcycllvr

Feb 29, 2012, 7:33:15 PM2/29/12
to its-electr...@googlegroups.com

[ewt@helvetti:~]% sudo svcadm disable its-electric_suburban_hell  (turn OFF current sampling first!!  Probably different for whatever OS you are running..)

[ewt@helvetti:~]% sudo /usr/bin/java -jar /usr/local/bin/its-electric-1.8.jar -d /nas/homepower/aloha --delete-until 2009-11-01 -m 2 -p 8081

(are you SURE??)

Sure, I'm sure..   ;-)

Worked great - don't even need to specify a gateway since it cleans up the DB and simply croaks on the gateway and you cancel out..

Thanks so much!!

-ET-