Knowledgebase, how to link to a group and automatically update name

Lorenzo Stermieri

Mar 24, 2013, 3:07:36 PM3/24/13
to itpam...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I'm looking to create knowledge base documents in CA and creating links to the relative support groups that in case the group name changes will update automatically.

I'm able to create absolut links to the group by using the record id and this html code:
<A onclick=javascript:showDetailWithPersid("cnt:5DC04D432F96********3673310C5B446")>STATIC GROUP NAME</A>

when this link is clicked the group page will open in CA, is there a way that the "static group name" can be formatted so that if the group mane changes the tag on the link will change as well?

this would be invaluable when a group changes name so that we wouldn't have to worry about updating the group name in the various articles.

any suggestions will be greately appreciated.

Lorenzo