Third Party integration

manish gupta

Aug 24, 2013, 10:12:05 AM8/24/13
to itpam...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I am new user of PAM application,have installed the CA PAM 4.0 SP1 version in environment.
My requirement is to fetch the incident detail from CA Service desk Manager 12.7 like category ,summary,description and etc and store in PAM then call to third party API to create a ticket in their system with that information.And i need to do the XML attribute mapping while calling the third party API like in CA SD we have attribute name is category but in other system the attribute name could be different so need to do XML attribute mapping (category-> area) with in the PAM process.

I am not sure,is it possible via PAM or not.

I am trying to use the SOAP module to fetching the data from CA SD but not sure how to use this SOAP module or do i need to use the WSDL wizard functionality.

I am really grateful if some one could put some light on this.

Thanks,
Manish

manish gupta

Sep 2, 2013, 2:48:01 AM9/2/13
to itpam...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Please let me know if any one have done the third party integration via PAM.
I am looking here the basic understanding to setup the work flow which will fetch data from one  system and do xml mapping and then forward it to other system and call their API for creating the ticket.

Thanks,
Manish

Leonardo Astudillo

Sep 3, 2013, 12:14:46 PM9/3/13
to itpam...@googlegroups.com
Hello Manish,

You can use the CAPA's SOAP module to interact wih Service Desk Web Services but is easier to use the CA Service Desk connector of CAPA. With the operators provided with this connector is possible to access the Service Desk's objects/attributes and get its data vía SOAP/Web Services in XML formatted string. CAPA has the function "applyXPath" to extract particular data from this large XML string. You can store this data in CAPA process dataset and, depending on the API of the another system (command line, java, Web Service, etc.), use the capa operators to interact with that system. CAPA offers you multiple operators to excute command lines, invoke SOAP/Web Services or scripts (vba, jscript, batc, exe, etc.).

Regards.
Leonardo Astudillo
Caracas, Venezuela

manish gupta

Sep 16, 2013, 8:39:15 AM9/16/13
to itpam...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Appologize for my delay response.
I have created incident using SDM SOAP Module now i am using Invoke SOAP operator  to achieve the same functionality(incident creation) but getting error code 102 . I have passed the some required parameter in the macro expansion (sid,creator handle,priority,type).But still not able to create incident in CA SD.

<Fault xmlns="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/">
<faultcode>soapenv:Client</faultcode>
<faultstring>Internal err Getting template object: NOT FOUND</faultstring>
<faultactor/>
<detail>
<ErrorMessage>Internal err Getting template object: NOT FOUND</ErrorMessage>
<ErrorCode>102</ErrorCode>
</detail>
</Fault>

I am not sure ,is it right way to pass the attribute values in macro expansion.
Why i am trying to use SOAP method not SDM module  because later i will use the same way to call the third party API for creating the ticket in their system.
Can anyone please help me out.

Thanks,
Manish

Venugopal Dontaraboyana

Sep 16, 2013, 9:13:45 AM9/16/13
to itpam...@googlegroups.com
Hi manish,
can you share the ITPAM input xml details?
Thanks
Venu
--
* Thanks
Venugopal

Leonardo Astudillo

Sep 16, 2013, 9:55:27 AM9/16/13
to itpam...@googlegroups.com
Review the Service Desk log to ser details.
Saludos,
Leonardo Astudillo
ldast...@gmail.com

From: manish gupta <manis...@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2013 05:39:15 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: [ITPAM FORUM] Re: Third Party integration

Viraj Awati

Sep 16, 2013, 11:03:41 AM9/16/13
to itpam...@googlegroups.com
If you are not using templates to create a ticket, you need not pass
them. You can comment the template tag from the inline SOAP text.
>> ldast...@gmail.com <javascript:>
>>

>> 2013/9/2 manish gupta <manis...@gmail.com <javascript:>>
>>> email to itpam-forum...@googlegroups.com <javascript:>.
>>> To post to this group, send email to
>>> itpam...@googlegroups.com<javascript:>
>>> .
>>> Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/itpam-forum.
>>>

> --

Sent from my mobile device

manish gupta

Sep 17, 2013, 8:02:18 AM9/17/13
to itpam...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Viraj.
I have modified the inline XML and created ticket successfully.
But for SID ,have created a seperate workflow then passed the SID value in create Request web service method.
If i combine these two process then not sure how to pass the SID value from one soap operator to other soap operator.
And when i am trying to add some customized parameter  via macro expansion in createRequest method  then it is not passing the values in CA SD.
It would be really gratefull if  some can provide the guidance.

Thanks,
Manish

Viraj Awati

Sep 17, 2013, 8:40:19 AM9/17/13
to itpam...@googlegroups.com
I am assuming that you have already parsed the SID into a Process Dataset Variable in your Login process. If that is not done, please do so.
Once that is done, you can call the SID variable from your Login process into the main process by using the syntax
Process.<YourLoginCallerOperatorName>.<SIDVariableName>.
Hope this makes sense.

Leonardo Astudillo

Sep 17, 2013, 11:09:00 AM9/17/13
to itpam...@googlegroups.com
You need to configure Service Desk settings in capa. Go to Configuration and look up this module. If yiu do this the operators takes those credentials.
Saludos,
Leonardo Astudillo
ldast...@gmail.com

From: manish gupta <manis...@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2013 05:02:18 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: [ITPAM FORUM] Third Party integration

Viraj Awati

Sep 17, 2013, 11:29:32 AM9/17/13
to itpam...@googlegroups.com
This option is available if SDM module of operators is used. I suppose
in this case, Manish is using SOAP operators.

On 9/17/13, Leonardo Astudillo <ldast...@gmail.com> wrote:
> You need to configure Service Desk settings in capa. Go to Configuration and
> look up this module. If yiu do this the operators takes those credentials.
>
> Saludos,
> Leonardo Astudillo
> ldast...@gmail.com

Davo

Sep 17, 2013, 12:36:38 PM9/17/13
to itpam...@googlegroups.com
Hi Manish,

To pass the SID value to the SOAP operator to create the incident, you use the Dynamic Parameters within the properties of the operator SOAP.

Process.SID   (In my case, this is how the variable is called where I keep the SID)

Regards, David.

manish gupta

Sep 19, 2013, 7:16:44 AM9/19/13
to itpam...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Thanks for reply.

Viraj/David,

I tried to pass the SID value from both the way what you have suggested.But no luck to pass the value.
I have created a process where called the two SOAP operator one for login and other for create request web service method.
But not sure how will i save the response xml of login service into a dataset and then will pass to other operator (createRequest)  or directly call the sid value in dynamic parameter of an createRequest soap operator.
can you please let me know how could i build this.

Regards,
Manish

manish gupta

Sep 19, 2013, 9:07:25 AM9/19/13
to itpam...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I hope ,have expalined my issue in detail.
When i run the first operator for login service then get the SID value inside the login return XML tag.
How will i pass  this value into other operator createRequest which has sid attribute in their request XML.
I want to map the login return value to sid value for incident creation.

I will really apprecaite any help on this.

Thanks,
Manish

Viraj Awati

Sep 19, 2013, 12:29:31 PM9/19/13
to itpam...@googlegroups.com
Manish,
I am assuming your Login SOAP operator is one of the operators before the create ticket within the same process. Something like

Start -> Login -> Create Ticket -> Stop

One of the ways to get SID is-
1. On Login Operator, Parse the SID from the return XML.
1.a. On the 'Call Results' (under properties), add a new XPath expression -
//loginReturn/text()
1.b Dataset Variable type (write) -
SID (this creates a new operator Variable for you). Make it integer.

2. Access this variable
2.a. On the post of the Login operator -
Process.SID = Process[OpName].SID;
now you can use the Process.SID anywhere in the process.
2.b. Else, access the SID variable directly from your operator
Process.<LoginOperatorName>.SID

Choose any one of the above to get SID and use it in the dynamic params of Create Ticket.
Hope this helps.

Regards
Viraj

manish gupta

Sep 21, 2013, 1:25:12 AM9/21/13
to itpam...@googlegroups.com
Hi Viraj,

I really appreciate your help.
I am able to store the login return value in SDI variable but when i am trying to pass this SID value into CreateRequest operator it is throwing an error.
Have tried both the solution suggested by you.Used the code (Process.SID = Invoke_SOAP_Method_2.SID) in the post execution option in the login operator,Invoke_SOAP_Method_2 is my operator name.
Then in CreateRequest operator passed the (Process.SID) as a value in the Macro expansion of sid variable in dynamic parameter.
Macro expansion Name=sid___
Value= Process.SID
Type=Integer
 And hard coded the value of Create Handler and added the customer variable as value pair in dynamic operator and hard coded the value of customer.
And ran the process but got an error related to Process.SID value.

Then tried the second option to pass the SID value in the createRequest operator for this i didn't mention the post execution code in the login operator.
Macro expansion Name=sid___
Value= Process.Invoke_SOAP_Method_2.SID
Type=Integer

But my bad luck ,got an error related to Process.Invoke_SOAP_Method_2.SID value.
Not sure what i missed ,could you please guide me

Thanks,
Manish

manish gupta

Sep 23, 2013, 9:00:40 AM9/23/13
to itpam...@googlegroups.com
Hi Viraj,

Issue is resolved ,have not done any thing diffrent.

Created new process and repated the same  steps as you suggested looks like my previous process had some bad parameter or values.

Now i am looking how to achieve the XML tranformation via PAM to integrate with third party system.

Like CA SD has its own format of request XML and data model but the other syatem will not have the similar kind of  data model structure so simply we can't pass the response XML to third party system,need to do attribute mapping of CA SD response XML and Request XML of third party system.

Below are the few fields which need to be mapped from SD to other system to create ticket in their system with the right information.
SD Attribute    External System Attribute
Category          Case Type
Summary          case title
Desciption         case desciption

Not sure how to achieve such functionality in PAM,can anyone please guide me.

Thanks,
Manish

manish gupta

Sep 24, 2013, 5:19:10 AM9/24/13
to itpam...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Could anyone share some ideas to achieve this.

Thanks,
Manish

Leonardo Astudillo

Sep 24, 2013, 9:12:13 AM9/24/13
to itpam...@googlegroups.com
Manish,

See my first post in this case.
Saludos,
Leonardo Astudillo
ldast...@gmail.com

From: manish gupta <manis...@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2013 02:19:10 -0700 (PDT)

manish gupta

Sep 30, 2013, 8:40:59 AM9/30/13
to itpam...@googlegroups.com, ldast...@gmail.com
Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I am using the SOAP operator for doSelect web service for fetching the detail of incident from SDM  and trying to parse the response XML.
But After defining the Xpath variable dataset in the Call Result option like...

xpath expression: //summary|//description
Dataset Variable: XpathResult
Type:String Array

It is not showing the values under the operation result for summary and description.

Getting the doSelect query result in the below format.

<doSelectResponse xmlns="http://www.ca.com/UnicenterServicePlus/ServiceDesk">

<doSelectReturn xmlns="">&lt;?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?&gt;

&lt;UDSObjectList&gt;

&lt;UDSObject&gt;

&lt;Handle&gt;cr:400388&lt;/Handle&gt;

&lt;Attributes&gt;

&lt;Attribute DataType="2002"&gt;

&lt;AttrName&gt;summary&lt;/AttrName&gt;

&lt;AttrValue&gt;Testing.......&lt;/AttrValue&gt;

&lt;/Attribute&gt;

&lt;Attribute DataType="2002"&gt;

&lt;AttrName&gt;description&lt;/AttrName&gt;

&lt;AttrValue&gt;Testing......&lt;/AttrValue&gt;

&lt;/Attribute&gt;

&lt;/UDSObject&gt;
&lt;/UDSObjectList&gt;
</doSelectReturn>
</doSelectResponse>

Can anyone please guide me.

Thanks,

Manish

manish gupta

Oct 3, 2013, 3:34:23 AM10/3/13
to itpam...@googlegroups.com, ldast...@gmail.com
Hi,

Can anyone please give me an idea.
Thanks,
Manish

Andrés Jesús Márquez Martín

Oct 3, 2013, 3:57:30 AM10/3/13
to itpam...@googlegroups.com, ldast...@gmail.com
Hi,

Install the operators own Ca Service Desk and CA CMDB and work with XML directly.

manish gupta

Oct 3, 2013, 5:02:42 AM10/3/13
to itpam...@googlegroups.com, ldast...@gmail.com
Hi,

Have alraedy installed the SD operator but looking how to parse the resposne XML in xpath variable dataset.

Thanks,
Manish