Ways to start a process of CA IT PAM

Davo

Oct 22, 2012, 6:35:10 PM10/22/12
to itpam...@googlegroups.com
Ways to start a flow of CA IT PAM

Hi all, I would like to help me clarify a doubt.

What are the ways that you can launch a CA IT PAM process, but from an application other than CA. For example: Throwing a PAM process via email. Is this possible? And what other ways are there?

Thank you.

Davo.

Mark S

Oct 23, 2012, 8:48:52 AM10/23/12
to itpam...@googlegroups.com

You can certainly launch a process based on reading an email, or any other event that PAM can process including SNMP, etc. There are also command line (CLI) and web services (SOAP, REST 4.x). I also recently saw an example of launching a process using web services called from Javascript in a UI. I've used email but parsing parameters for inputs can sometimes prove challenging unless there are some strict rules for formatting, so having a user manually send a email may prove unreliable. If you must use email, then consider automating the send using a well defined format with minimal variables.

You can also post such questions to the CA sponsored forum: https://communities.ca.com/web/ca-process-automation-global-user-community/