How to run batch file or command file in IT PAM

michael ela

Feb 11, 2016, 1:04:29 PM2/11/16
to CA Process Automation Forum
Hello

I'm trying to run a batch file in IT PAM using Run Program but it is failing returning Non-null exit code.

I put this on the Program Name: "D:\\PUTTY\\DPO.cmd". I left the Profile and other fields blank.

Thanks for the help.

Regards,
Michael

Bee Jay

Feb 12, 2016, 8:25:34 AM2/12/16
to CA Process Automation Forum

Hi Michael,

You can try using run_script operator and either use it to call the batch file or put the batch script directly in the operator?

Cheers,
Vic

Hendry Taylor

Feb 12, 2016, 11:25:04 AM2/12/16
to CA Process Automation Forum
What Victor said is correct but you will need an agent on the server where you want to run the script or command. If it is on the Orchestrator machine it automatically has a built in agent.

michael ela

Mar 10, 2016, 9:58:06 AM3/10/16
to CA Process Automation Forum
Hello,

Thanks for the reply. I've use the run script. Selected .cmd on the script extension.
Then on the In line script I put the name of the batch file. DPO
On the working directory I put D:\\PUTTY\\

the batch file I'm trying to run is D:\PUTTY\DPO.cmd
When I run it manually in windows it runs only for a few seconds.
However, if I run it on IT PAM it never stop running. I'm running it on the orchestrator machine.

Any idea?

thanks,
 Michael

michael ela

Mar 10, 2016, 10:25:10 AM3/10/16
to CA Process Automation Forum

I tried putting this D:\\PUTTY\\DPO.cmd on the inline script but it also run and never finish running.

Regards,
Michael

michael ela

Mar 10, 2016, 10:38:02 AM3/10/16
to CA Process Automation Forum
Hello,

I also tried to put he content of the batch file directly on the Inline script but I'm getting the same result.

cd \
D:
cd PUTTY
putty.exe -ssh -load "INTFTP" -l myusername -pw mypassword -m D:\PUTTY\Command.txt

Hope you can provide solution.

Thanks,
Michael