Issue with MRI segmentation

Federico Balzarotti

Mar 13, 2024, 9:56:07 AMMar 13
to itksnap-users
Greetings,

I'm seeking assistance with a task involving MRIs provided in DICOM format. These MRIs consist of separate series for sagittal, axial, and coronal views. Unfortunately, I'm encountering difficulty opening only the three correct views simultaneously, as the reconstructed views are included but are of low quality, making segmentation impossible.

Is there a method to open all three series while synchronizing the correct views without including the reconstructed ones? I can provide a screenshot for additional context. Thank you.

Screenshot 2024-03-11 at 15.48.58.png

Paul Yushkevich

Mar 13, 2024, 10:02:24 AMMar 13
to itksna...@googlegroups.com
Hi Federico,

It is not possible to load different MRI series into sagittal, coronal and axial views. ITK-SNAP is a 3D image viewer, so each series you load is treated as a 3D object and shown in all views. You can load the three series as separate image layers, or in three separate ITK-SNAP instances (with cursor position linked). But you will still only be able to segment in the space of one of these series.

Best,
Paul