Convert3D functionality

deeps...@gmail.com

Jan 29, 2024, 10:27:19 PMJan 29
to itksnap-users

Dear ITK community,

I am frequently using Convert3D (c3d) which works most of my image processing tasks (and easy to construct a pipeline for parallel processing). One thing I am wondering is whether it has a functionality to rotate an image. I have a 3D image, where the “rod” object is in almost 45 degrees and rest is just background. I presume that by rotating this and using the -trim option would save me a lot of space as well as computation. I see in the documentation “-wrap(rotate)” command which I am not sure whether it is what I am looking for. Any tips appreciated.

Rolf Heckemann

Jan 31, 2024, 4:03:28 AMJan 31
to itksnap-users
This is probably not as straightforward as you imagine it to be. You will need to create a transformation matrix (by hand or using a non-c3d tool) that specifies your desired rotation and apply it to the image, remembering that the result will be interpolated linearly, unless you specify another mode. Start by reading the documentation for `-reslice-matrix`. It has code for generating a transformation matrix with SPM, which is one possibility. Personally, I use MIRTK for this type of task, so if this is an option for you, feel free to reply and I'll try to help some more.