Display segmentation as thin lines

Hengjie Liu

Mar 28, 2024, 5:06:07 PMMar 28
to itksnap-users
Hi,

I wondering if it is possible to display the segmentation/contours as thin contour lines instead of filled color patches in ITK-SNAP. I was unable to find that function myself. Could anyone provide any information on that? If not, is there any work around that I could do potentially?

Thank you!

Paul Yushkevich

Mar 28, 2024, 5:11:18 PMMar 28
to itksna...@googlegroups.com
We have a plan to implement something similar in the next release (4.4) based on loading a mesh.
Best,
paul

Message has been deleted

Rolf Heckemann

Apr 16, 2024, 6:14:59 AMApr 16
to itksnap-users
Hi Paul

Since you are working on contours, I wanted to share a related idea. The nice thing about contours is, of course, that they do not obstruct your view as much. On the other hand, you can easily lose track of what's the inside and what's the outside of a region, especially when you are zoomed in on a particular boundary. We found that a double contour line in distinct colours solves this. After a short period of getting used to the new display mode, you get an intuitive sense of where you are, better than from a single-contour display.

2024-04-16-120007_761x584_scrot.png
As you can see, we implemented this in MIRTK View (which had a single-line contour mode to start with), but never brought the idea to fruition beyond a bachelor thesis.

If you see any leeway in this idea, please feel free to implement it or a variation on it -- I would love to see something like this in ITK Snap.

Best regards

Rolf