Opacity of segmentation display

mfk16

Feb 23, 2024, 9:32:13 AMFeb 23
to itksnap-users
Hi,

I'm using 4.2.0-alpha.3 on Win 10.

I was scrolling through an image stack which has a single label across numerous slices, and there was an apparent change in label opacity, even as the slider bar was set to 50%. Please see the attached video.

The start slice of the change in apparent opacity would change as I scrolled back and forth between the greater opacity and lesser opacity slices.

Thanks,

Matt

OpacityChanges.wmv

Jilei Hao

Feb 23, 2024, 9:51:04 AMFeb 23
to itksna...@googlegroups.com
Hi Matt,

Thanks for uploading the video. It does appear to have change of opacity between slices but I can't reproduce it on our windows 11 machine. And I don't have a windows 10 machine right now.

Does it also happen for other images/labels? What happens if you turn opacity to near 0% or 0%? Does it happen on random slices or just on specific slices, if so, are there any change in intensity for those slices in the main image layer?

Best,
Jilei

Best,
Jilei

mfk16

Feb 24, 2024, 11:11:15 AMFeb 24
to itksnap-users
It appears to be limited to a general range of slices...and as I mentioned, the start slice of the change in apparent opacity would change as I scrolled back and forth between the greater opacity and lesser opacity slices.

The effect disappears when I set the opacity to 100%, but I like setting the opacity to 40-50% as I'm going through an image stack.

I also set the label == 2, and the same thing occurred with the opacity, and it also occured when I used a separate dataset.

I'll try it again using the same 2 dataset on another device.

Thanks,

Matt

mfk16

Feb 26, 2024, 9:02:57 AMFeb 26
to itksnap-users
I repeated the experiment on another pc running 4.2.0-alpha.3 on another independent Win 10 machine, and I got the same results.

Thanks,

Matt

Jilei Hao

Feb 26, 2024, 2:33:34 PMFeb 26
to itksna...@googlegroups.com
Does the issue consistently happen on certain slices or are they random? Can you share some sample data for troubleshooting?

Thanks,
Jilei

Message has been deleted