open TIFF stack

Steffen Jaensch

Dec 3, 2007, 3:56:17 AM12/3/07
to itksna...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I would like to open a TIFF stack that represents 3D time-lapse images
meaning that the third dimension of the TIFF file is used for the
spacial Z-dimension as well as the time-dimension. Does anyone know how
to open such a file in itkSnap?

Thanks,
Steffen.

Paul Yushkevich

Dec 3, 2007, 9:07:35 AM12/3/07
to itksna...@googlegroups.com
Hi Steffen

You can use "Import->Convert Foreign to Analyze" in MRICro to convert TIFF to an .img file

Paul.

Penn Image Computing and Science Laboratory (PICSL)
Department of Radiology,
University of Pennsylvania

JUAN CARLOS BELLO MUÑOZ

Dec 3, 2007, 5:18:15 PM12/3/07
to itksna...@googlegroups.com
Hi Steffen

It is not possible to open such files on SNAP,
You might try to open 3D stackTIFF files in image J.  Once there,  you can go to the plugins menu and save those files as Analyze  (The plug in, of corse, is called "analyze writer").
The Analyze files can be easily opened and manipulated with itkSNAP

I hope this would help you

Best Regards

JUAN CARLOS

Steffen Jaensch

Dec 4, 2007, 7:45:28 AM12/4/07
to itksna...@googlegroups.com
Hi guys,

thanks for your answers. Using ImageJ Analyze Writer works fine. The
TIFF stack converted with MRICro to an .img file could not be opened
because SNAP crashed upon attempting to load the .img file. Anyway, I'm
wondering whether SNAP is able to handle time-dependend data. My image
file consists of 1550 images with each group of 50 images comprising one
Z-scan. Hence, there are 31 time points. So, what I want is to look at
(and segment) the 3D-volume for each time point. Is SNAP the right
program for that or can it only handle static 3D images?

Cheers,
Steffen.