Can't startup ITK-SNAP

yoi...@gmail.com

Oct 14, 2014, 3:11:46 AM10/14/14
to itksna...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I was using ITK-SNAP without any problems.
But, today, when I closed the program and then restarted, I received the error message.
The detail of error is

Exception occurred during ITK-SNAP startup

/Users/picsl/tk/itk421/InsightToolkit-4.2.1/Modules/IO/XML/src/itkXMLFile.cxx:106:

not well-formed (invalid token) /Users/Eunjin/Library/Application Support/itksnap.org/ITK-SNAP/UserPreferences.xml

I tried to re-install the program, but the same message popped up again.

Please help me..

Thank you

Eunjin

Paul Yushkevich

Oct 14, 2014, 6:00:54 AM10/14/14
to itksna...@googlegroups.com
Hi Eunjun

I think the solution is to delete the UserPreferences.xml file. The file must have become corrupted at some point.

Thanks!
Paul

Paul A. Yushkevich, Ph.D.
Associate Professor
Penn Image Computing and Science Laboratory
Department of Radiology
University of Pennsylvania

Marta Varela

Oct 29, 2014, 9:52:30 AM10/29/14
to itksna...@googlegroups.com
I had a similar problem and deleting the preferences file as suggested sorted everything.

Many thanks,
Marta

陈卓晗

Aug 25, 2015, 8:36:50 AM8/25/15
to itksnap-users
problem solved, thank u very much. however it occurs very often.

在 2014年10月14日星期二 UTC+8下午3:11:46,Eunjin Yoon写道:

Paul Yushkevich

Aug 25, 2015, 3:50:12 PM8/25/15
to itksna...@googlegroups.com
Hi

Next time this happens, could you please send me the UserPreferences.xml file? I suspect it's something to do with non-ASCII characters in the filenames, but I am not sure.

Thanks!
Paul

Message has been deleted

Paul Yushkevich

Jan 28, 2016, 12:50:41 PM1/28/16
to itksna...@googlegroups.com
On windows:

/Users/XXXX/Library/Application Support/itksnap.org/ITK-SNAP/UserPreferences.xml

On Thu, Jan 28, 2016 at 10:00 AM, MS <melanies...@googlemail.com> wrote:
where can I find this preferences file?

Florent Auger

May 11, 2016, 5:56:48 AM5/11/16
to pyush...@gmail.com, itksna...@googlegroups.com
Hi Paul,

I use ITK-SNAP without any problems.

But, today, I tried to install the program on a friend's PC   but  I received a error message.
The detail of error is

Exception occurred during ITK-SNAP startup

Details of message are the following:
ITK-SNAP does not support non-ASCII characters in user names on Windows (tm) platforms. This will be fixed in the future.

I tried to re-install  with different versions of the program, but the same message popped up again.

Do you know to fixe this problem

Thank you

Eunjin

Paul A. Yushkevich, Ph.D.
Associate Professor
Penn Image Computing and Science Laboratory
Department of Radiology
University of Pennsylvania

Paul Yushkevich

May 11, 2016, 11:46:35 AM5/11/16
to Florent Auger, itksna...@googlegroups.com
This almost always has to do with non-ASCII characters in user name or in the directory where ITK-SNAP is installed. There only workaround would be to create a user on the system whose username is ASCII.

Paul

Tanay Garg

Jun 13, 2016, 1:57:47 AM6/13/16
to itksnap-users, pau...@mail.med.upenn.edu
I am unable to find the UserPreferences.xml file . Can someone please tell me where can i find it?

Fatma Usta

Oct 17, 2016, 9:48:46 AM10/17/16
to itksnap-users, pau...@mail.med.upenn.edu
Hello Tanay Garg,

I found mine here:
C:\Users\myusername\AppData\Roaming\itksnap.org\ITK-SNAP\UserPreferences.xml

When I delete it, the problem is solved.

lars klein

Dec 15, 2016, 8:45:56 AM12/15/16
to itksnap-users, pau...@mail.med.upenn.edu
I think it's in AppData by default.

You can use this trick: Open the explorer, at the top of the window, type in the following path
%APPDATA%, hit enter.

This will take you to your computers appdata directory.
There you need to look for itk.