ITK-SNAP 3.4.0 release

Paul Yushkevich

Dec 3, 2015, 4:47:58 PM12/3/15
to itksna...@googlegroups.com, itksnap-...@googlegroups.com, itksn...@googlegroups.com
Dear ITK-SNAP Community,

We are pleased to announce that the latest release of ITK-SNAP, version 3.4.0, is now available for download. There were a few more bug fixes and usability improvements added over the last few weeks.

Important Note:
The beta version released in August had compatibility issues with some of the users' computer hardware. Examples included crashes when opening ITK-SNAP, blank windows, unresponsive buttons, etc. Most of these issues stemmed from the use of Qt 5.4 as the GUI platform.

To address these issues, the latest release candidate 3.4.0-rc1 is offered in two flavors: Qt 5.4 based and Qt 4.8 based. Both flavors are available on our download page.

  • Windows and MacOS users should first try installing the default Qt 5.4-based flavor. If there are problems with graphics display or crashes, try the Qt 4.8-based flavor instead.
  • Linux users who run ITK-SNAP over remote connections (with SSH, X2GO or NX) should use the Qt 4.8-based flavor. Qt 5.4 does not play well with these technologies.
There are few differences between the flavors, except look and feel. The 5.4-based flavor generally looks slicker, and takes advantage of Retina displays on the Mac.

Please enjoy the new version!

--
Paul A. Yushkevich, Ph.D.
Associate Professor