Multiple segmentations w/ multiple images in thumbnail layout?

Rodrigo Perea

Oct 26, 2019, 12:45:42 PM10/26/19
to itksnap-developers
(question related to the itksnap3 viewer)

Hi devs,

I am wondering if it is possible to modify the workspace/manifest (*.itksnap) to display multiple segmentations when multiple images are displayed?
In the attached image, you can see that all 4 images have the same segmentations. However, if I'd like to show different segmentations, (e.g. brainmask from each image), how do I do so?

Thanks,
Rodrigo
OnlyOneSegmentation_MosaicView.png

Paul Yushkevich

Oct 28, 2019, 9:59:38 AM10/28/19
to itksn...@googlegroups.com
Hi Rodrigo,

No, that's not something that the GUI supports. You can have multiple segmentations and switch between them with {,} keys, but you can't show them on separate image layers. Doing so would require some more advanced GUI for managing layouts, which is not currently available. There is also the issue of image space -- which image space is the secondary segmentation in, the space of the main image, or the space of the secondary image? Right now all segmentations are in the space of the main image.

What you may try instead is to load your images/segmentations into two ITK-SNAP windows and synchronize the cursor/zoom/pan between them.

Paul

Paul A. Yushkevich, Ph.D.
Associate Professor
Penn Image Computing and Science Laboratory
Department of Radiology
University of Pennsylvania

Rodrigo Dennis Perea

Oct 30, 2019, 10:22:35 AM10/30/19
to itksn...@googlegroups.com
Hi Paul,
Thank you for the clarification.
I'd try your suggestion to load multiple itksnap windows w/ multiple segmentations.
Also, image space should not be a problem w/ my images, as all secondary images are already registered to the main image.

Thanks for your help,

Rodrigo