The IT Infrastructure Technical Committee has published the following updated
Technical Framework Supplement for public comment in the period from October 21 through November 21, 2022
- Mobile Access to Health Documents (MHD) - Rev. 4.2.0
- Changed to AuditEvent profiling leveraging Basic Audit Log Patterns (BALP) Release 1.1.1.
- New features:
- Added a Generate Metadata that adds the [ITI-106] operation that allows for one structured/coded document to be published.
- Added a Simplified Publish option that allows for one DocumentReference with the document in the .data element to be published, expecting the Document Recipient to create the SubmissionSet derived off of the DocumentReference and Community mapping policy.
- Added an ITI-65 FHIR Documents Publish Option with support in [ITI-65] to include a FHIR Document Bundle as an alternative to Binary. This lessens the burden on the Document Source to serialize the content into an appropriate Binary format, as that requirement is moved to the Document Recipient. There are use-cases where the Document Recipient will use the FHIR Document Bundle directly, and there are requirements on the Document Recipient to serialize the FHIR Document Bundle when grouped with non-FHIR Actors like XDS/XDR/XDM.
- Whether these Options remain (or are removed) will depend on interest shown. Please voice your interest and sign up for IHE Connectathons to test these options.
- Improved clarity on types of Identifier.
- Added a method to support DocumentReference replace that is used by the Document Source to mark the old/replaced DocumentReference instance as superseded.
This document is available at http://profiles.ihe.net/ITI/
. Comments submitted by November 21, 2022
will be considered by the IT Infrastructure Technical Committee in developing the trial implementation version of the supplement. Comments can be submitted via traditional methods at ITI Public Comments
or by creating a GitHub Issue