sIPS comment

Steve Moore

Aug 10, 2023, 9:45:35 AM8/10/23
to iticomments
I have a comment about the sIPS supplement that I am attaching. I have more review to complete, but I thought I would get this one in front of the committee. What I am suggesting is not a small tweak.

Steve Moore
Moore_sIPS.xlsx

John Moehrke

Aug 14, 2023, 7:14:27 PM8/14/23
to itico...@googlegroups.com
Steve,

The IHE Integration Statement already has methods of showing that a product supports the various IHE Document Sharing transports. Thus there is no need to duplicate this functionality with named Options.  -- https://profiles.ihe.net/GeneralIntro/ch-F.html

For a product that supports sIPS, Content Creator; and supports the XDS, Document Creator as the transport would simply have two rows in their IHE Integration Statement. One for the sIPS Content Creator, and one for the XDS Document Creator.

IHE Integration Statement
VendorProduct NameVersionDate
Any Medical Systems Co.IntegrateIPSV2.32024-02-15
This product implements all transactions required in the IHE Technical Framework to support the IHE profiles, actors and options listed below.
Profiles ImplementedActors ImplementedOptions Implemented

Sharing of IPSContent CreatorNone

This method has been the method used for PCC-1 and Content Creator / Content Consumer for a long time. This is not new with sIPS.

That said, I would certainly be willing to explain this to the readers of sIPS as we do expect the reader of sIPS may not be as aware of IHE as we have come to expect.

Would that satisfy your concern?

John Moehrke 🔥 Architect: Healthcare Informatics Standards - Interoperability, Privacy, and Security
IHE Co-Chair IT Infrastructure Planning and Technical
HL7 Co-Chair Security WG, FHIR FMG, FHIR facilitator, and
FHIR Foundation founding member
Employee of By Light -- Contractor to VHA MyHealtheVet
JohnM...@gmail.com  |  M +1 920-564-2067  |  John.M...@bylight.com
 https://healthcaresecprivacy.blogspot.com

John Moehrke