XDS/XFRM relationship

isabelle gibaud

May 10, 2023, 6:14:47 AM5/10/23
to iticomments
Hi all,

I'm currently working on IHE XDS/XRFM relationship and I have a question.

The section 4.2.2.2 (Document RelationShip), it is mentioned  :
"A submitting actor creates a document relationship by submitting a SubmissionSet containing:
  1. DocumentEntry – this describes the new document being submitted
  1. Association – this links a DocumentEntry with the new DocumentEntry being submitted.
  1. The sourceObject attribute of the Association object shall be the entryUUID of the new DocumentEntry contained in the SubmissionSet.
  2. The targetObject of the Association object shall be the entryUUID of the linked DocumentEntry. The linked DocumentEntry shall be:
  • an existing DocumentEntry known to the receiving entity, with availabilityStatus of Approved (see Section 4.2.3.2.2 DocumentEntry.availabilityStatus); or,
  • another DocumentEntry contained in the SubmissionSet."
Reading this section I understand that it's possible to submit 2 new documentEntries (with their associated documents) in the same submissionSet and to link these 2 documentEntries with a association in the submissionSet. In this case, these 2 new documentEntries would have symbolic format as they don't exist in the registry.

But when I read the section 4.2.2.2.2 (XFRM), it is mentioned that " The submission shall contain a new DocumentEntry and associated Document and a XFRM Association linking this new DocumentEntry with an existing DocumentEntry. This new Document/DocumentEntry defines a transformation of the existing Document/DocumentEntry."

It's confusing to me. Does it mean that it's impossible to submit 2 new documents linked by a XFRM relationship in the same submissionSet?

I would appreciate any guidance regarding this point.
Best regards,
Isabelle

Gregorio Canal

Jun 12, 2023, 12:14:18 PM6/12/23
to itico...@googlegroups.com, IHE ITI Technical Committee
Hi Isabelle,

I think that submitting two documentEntries with a Transform association in a single submission (ITI-41/ITI-42) should be allowed, since what is written in section 4.2.2.2 .
On the other hand, as you pointed out, section 4.2.2.2.2 XRFM explicitly says: "linking this new DocumentEntry with an existing DocumentEntry. "

I  suspect that this is a copy and paste wording, since every section for association relationships ( from 4.2.2.2.1 to 4.2.2.2.6) is written the same, and ifthat's true i don't understand why section 4.2.2.2 says that association@targetObject may point to another DocumentEntry contained in the SubmissionSet.
I think we all agree that the association@targetObject shall point to a be previously submitted documentEntry for relationships like RPLC or XRF_RPLC, but i can't understand why that shall be valid also for other relationship's types (XRFM, APND, signs etc...)..

Anybody has thoughts about this? should we make a CP for this? The issue that I see is that it may cause a breaking change on existing implementations...

Gregorio

Gregorio Canal
Standardization and Testing Area | Arsenàl.IT