ITHACON 45, April 23-24, 2022

comicbookclubofithaca

Mar 11, 2022, 5:32:49 PM3/11/22
to Ithacon

Hi, as promised this is the first of two updates that you will receive from us about ITHACON, which is April 23-24, 2022 at Ithaca College. The best overall source of up-to-date information is our Web site https://ithacon.org. We also encourage you to connect with us through Facebook; just search for ITHACON.

Planning for this year's convention has been proceeding apace. We've been updating guest information as it becomes available. And the membership ticketing system went live this week! Everyone who purchases a convention membership by April 20 will receive a bonus “swag bag” when they check in at registration. Be sure to read the ticket policies on the web site before purchasing.

COVID Policy: Effective March 4, Ithaca College has removed the requirement that all visitors to campus wear masks. We will keep the current requirements up to date at https://ithacon.org, and of course you can check the COVID policy at the college’s web site https://ithaca.edu.

We're working on the schedule and will get that posted in the next couple of weeks. One thing for sure is that there will be Saturday evening gaming from 7 to 11 pm in addition to all the daytime programming. There will also be cosplay activities, and we encourage everyone to come in costume. Our popular Cosplay Runway will happen on both Saturday and Sunday at 1:00 PM this year!

I hope to see you at ITHACON! And please help spread the word by mentioning us to your friends and on social media!

Bill Turner
The ITHACON Committee
ithacon.org

PS: Some notes on membership prices

From  2014-2019, Ithaca College funded ITHACON very generously in addition to providing the event space. In 2019, we were informed that funding would be phased out beginning in 2020, so we planned to charge $10. in 2020 and ramp up from there. With the current economic situation for all colleges whose budgets are driven by enrollment rather than endowments, we’re on our own.

Expenses have jumped this year; hotel room rates are about 1/3 higher than in 2020, for one example. Even at $20., we expect to take a loss this year. Other conventions are charging more, and we are including the service charges and taxes in the ticket prices rather than having them added on. Overall, ITHACON remains a bargain.

We are also providing 10% discount codes through local comic shops – see further information at ithacon.org.