WVBR'S BOUND FOR GLORY, 43rd YEAR, SPRING 2010

Thomas Giventer

Apr 9, 2010, 2:36:44 AM4/9/10
WVBR'S BOUND FOR GLORY, 43rd YEAR, SPRING 2010

Phil Shapiro, host of WVBR's Bound for Glory since its inception in
1967, announces the Spring schedule, continuing the 43rd year of this
Central New York musical tradition.

WVBR's Bound for Glory, North America's longest running live folk
concert broadcast, broadcasts live from the Cafe at Anabel Taylor Hall
at Cornell on Sunday nights. Bound for Glory brings central New York
another series of free folk concerts, on WVBR-FM, 93.5 and 105.5, and
streaming on line at http://wvbr.com . We promise some excellent
acoustic music, presented by long-time host Phil Shapiro.

The show runs Sunday nights from 8 to 11, with live sets at 8:30, 9:30,
and 10:30. All three sets are different. Come to as many sets as you
wish. Admission in the live audience at Anabel Taylor is free and is
open to everyone in the area. Kids are always welcome. Refreshments are
available. For further information, call Phil Shapiro at 607-844-4535,
or e-mail pd...@cornell.edu.

Find out about upcoming Bound for Glory shows, and about how you can
help, by joining the Friends of Bound for Glory. Look up
http://wvbr.com on the Web.

APR. 4 PEARLS AND SWINE. What happens when you take ROSIE NEWTON and
STEPHANIE JENKINS of the Pearly Snaps and bring in STEVE SELIN, from the
Hogwashers, among other bands? You get a great Old Timey trio, with
close harmonies and high energy. Please welcome them to Bound for Glory.

APR. 11 BEAUCOUP BLUE. This father/son duo from Philadelphia plays a
sophisticated style of blues, old blues from the twenties and thirties,
new songs of several styles, and homemade ones as well. They're both
powerful and gentle. They've got a good sparkle to share, and we're
pleased to have them back on the show. http://beaucoupblue.com .

APR. 18 JEFF DAVIS AND DAVE RUCH. Jeff Davis explores the American
Folk Tradition, finding the power in the old songs, playing fiddle,
clawhammer banjo, mandocello, mandolin, and guitar. He's a great singer
and a lot of fun. Jeff is joined by Dave Ruch, performing the
traditional songs of New York State. It'll be an excellent evening.
http://www.harbourtownrecords.com/Jeffdavis.htm

APR. 25 PAT WICTOR. What a delightful performer! Pat Wictor plays
the slide guitar, with a bit of bluesy flavor and a unique musical
approach. He's a fine songwriter and a strong performer, and we are
honored to have him back on the show. http://patwictor.com

MAY 2 DAN BERGGREN. Dan Berggren grew up in the Adirondacks. He
writes songs about his world and the people around him, and sings some
of the old songs as well. He's a charming performer, making you feel
like you're sitting in his living room sharing songs with him.
Excellent. http://berggrenfolk.com

MAY 9 BOB FRANKE. Poignant and bluesy, sacred and profane,
sometimes very funny. Bob Franke is one of North America's best
singer-songwriters, one whose songs often travel before him. It's been
many years. Welcome him back for a wonderful end to a strong Spring
season. http://bobfranke.com

From May 16 through June 20, Bound for Glory will be Albums from the
Studios. Give Phil a call at 607-273-2121. Next Live Bound for Glory
folk concert broadcast? June 27. There are six live Bound for Glory
shows in the summer. We will welcome, among others, TOBY WALKER, BILLY
ELI, and JEREMIAH MCLANE AND DAVID SURETTE.

WVBR's BOUND FOR GLORY, North America's longest running live folk
concert broadcast, Ithaca, NY, since 1967.
Sunday nights, 8 -11 pm. Listen live at http://wvbr.com

Phil Shapiro, 979 Harford Rd., Dryden, NY 13053. 607-844-4535.
pd...@cornell.edu

--
| ___ __ __ | Now you can shop online and benefit
| / //_ /_ giventer | Friends of Bound for Glory:
| /__/__/__/ software | http://savefone.com
| / systems |