WVBR'S BOUND FOR GLORY'S 44th YEAR CONTINUES, LATE FALL 2010

瀏覽次數:0 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

Thomas Giventer

未讀,
2010年10月20日 下午3:44:232010/10/20
收件者:
WVBR'S BOUND FOR GLORY'S 44th YEAR CONTINUES, LATE FALL 2010

Phil Shapiro, host of WVBR's Bound for Glory since its inception in
1967, announces the Late Fall schedule, continuing the 44th year of
this Central New York musical tradition.

WVBR's Bound for Glory, North America's longest running live folk
concert broadcast, broadcasts live from the Cafe at Anabel Taylor Hall
at Cornell, on Sunday nights. Bound for Glory brings central New York
another series of free folk concerts, on WVBR-FM, 93.5 and 105.5. We
promise some excellent acoustic music, presented by long-time host Phil
Shapiro.

The show runs Sunday nights from 8 to 11, with live sets at 8:30, 9:30,
and 10:30. All three sets are different. Come to as many sets as you
wish. Admission in the live audience at Anabel Taylor is free and is
open to everyone in the area. Kids are always welcome. Refreshments are
available. For further information, call Phil Shapiro at 607-844-4535,
or e-mail pd...@cornell.edu.

Find out about upcoming Bound for Glory shows, and about how you can
help, through the Friends of Bound for Glory, by looking up
http://wvbr.com on the Web. Everyone can listen to Bound for Glory on
line. The website tells you how.

OCT. 17 MUSTARD'S RETREAT. Past winners of the Best of Bound for
Glory award, Mustard's Retreat is a delightful pair of guys from
Michigan, singers of homemade songs and older songs, full of great good
humor. Mustard's Retreat makes the Cafe at Anabel Taylor feel like
you're sharing music in your own living room. http://mustardsretreat.com

OCT. 24 ANGEL BAND. Here's a Bound for Glory debut that you don't
want to miss. The Angel Band is three women of glorious harmonies,
singing music from all over. They're most famous as Dave Bromberg's
backup, but here they travel with their own hot backup band. Full of
sparkle and shine. http://angelband.net

OCT. 31 CATHY BARTON AND DAVE PARA. A long awaited return from a
pair of traditional singers and song collectors from Missouri. Their
love for the old songs from the middle of the country is completely
infectious. An inspiring show. Come sing with them. http://bartonpara.com

NOV. 7 MY SWEET PATOOTIE. Terry Young and Sandra Swannell from the
old Canadian favorites Tanglefoot. The music is very different, but the
magic carries through. A bit jazzy, with unusual humorous twists. A
super collection of new songs worth sharing. http://www.mysweetpatootie.com

NOV. 14 TIM GRIMM. It's rare that you'll find a singer-songwriter
whose songs travel before him. Tim Grimm is an Indiana-based performer
whose excellent story songs have been picked up by other traveling
musicians and spread around. You will really enjoy his material and his
singing. He gets to the heart of his stories. http://timgrimm.com

NOV. 21 STEVE GILLETTE AND CINDY MANGSEN. The return of a pair of
long time Bound for Glory favorites whom we haven't seen in a while.
Songs old and new, a wide variety of musical ideas. And marvelous
audience connection. This is what Bound for Glory is all about.
http://compassrosemusic.com

NOV. 28 Albums from the studios. Give Phil a call at 607-273-2121.

DEC. 5 BOB WHITE AND FRIENDS. Bob White was quite well known and
quite influential at the end of the Great Folk Scare, but he disappeared
from view for a few decades. He's resurfaced recently, now as lead of
an excellent trio, performing traditionally flavored American folk with
strength and flair. A delightful end to a strong season.

From DECEMBER 12 through JANUARY 16, Bound for Glory will be Albums
from the Studios. Catch the Winter Solstice show on DECEMBER 12, the
Christmas special show on DECEMBER 19, and the New Year's special on
DECEMBER 26. Holiday songs you won't hear in the shopping malls. Give
Phil a call at 607-273-2121. Next Live Bound for Glory? JANUARY 23,
2010, with BILL STAINES.

WVBR's BOUND FOR GLORY, North America's longest running live folk
concert broadcast, Ithaca, NY, since 1967.
Sunday nights, 8 -11 pm. Listen live at http://wvbr.com

Phil Shapiro, 979 Harford Rd., Dryden, NY 13053. 607-844-4535.
pd...@cornell.edu

--
| ___ __ __ | Now you can shop online and benefit
| / //_ /_ giventer | Friends of Bound for Glory:
| /__/__/__/ software | http://savefone.com
| / systems |
| /__/ ithaca, ny | Home page:

0 則新訊息