Grupos de Google ya no admite publicaciones ni suscripciones nuevas de Usenet. El contenido anterior sigue visible.

Ithaca Racism / Ithaca Schools / Ithaca Jouranal

41 vistas
Ir al primer mensaje no leído

meryl...@gmail.com

no leída,
12 dic 2007, 5:20:14 p.m.12/12/2007
para
The following represents an Ithaca Journal Article regarding IHS
(http://www.theithacajournal.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071212/
NEWS01/712120335/1002"

The Ithaca Journal wrote:
"students and staff. ... Ninth graders account for the bulk of the
school's discipline referrals. ...
some particular aspect to the culture that's either pushing them away
or denigrating them, ...
Wilson [principal] has been criticized recently for not doing enough
to ensure equity in discipline and punishment of students of color and
poor students. ... Wilson pointed to the new data as signs of success,
and members of his staff agreed. ... I'm just focused on ninth
graders. ...
and that's half the battle." ... The high school increased security
personnel from five last year to eight this year. ... one is on long-
term medical leave."

My opinion is this is ALL TRASH. LAST MONTH ITHACA, NY, A COMMUNITY 5
HRS NORTH OF NYC WAS AT RISK OF A SHOOTING INCIDENT AT ITHACA HIGH
SCHOOL. IT IS A SMALL COMMUNITY AND THE RACISM THAT WOULD HAVE SPARKED
THE INCIDENT CONTINUES. THE WHITE COMMUNITY IS RACIST; THE (WHITE)
ITHACA SCHOOL ADMINISTRATION, UP TO THE DISTRICT LEVEL IS RACIST; THE
ONLY CENTRAL HIGH SCHOOL IS UNDER THE CONTROL OF THE RACIST SCHOOL
DISTSRICT.

ITHACA NY IS A RACIST WHITE COMMUNITY WITH AN IVY LEAGUE SCHOOOL
(CORNELL) AT ITS CENTER.

The community is one of the few in Upstate New York to have any
economic viability but blacks in Ithaca and minorities are being
opressed by whites at all levels of power: Cornell University, Ithaca
School District, Ithaca high school. Albany, the states capital and
about 3 hours away by car, has been (unsurprisingly) unresponsive.

The referenced article is an attempt to hide the reality that the
people responsible for the racism are trying to continue to keep there
jobs even if it means cleaning up racism in the white community of
Ithaca and surrounding counties (40% of all people working in Tompkins
county do not live in Tompkins country; they come here for a job at
Cornell.)

What needs to be done is:
1. for the Ithaca School district superintendent to be fired and put
in jail for failing to handle the racism whihc exists in her
jourisdiction.

2. for Conell university to stop its own racism against non-english
language speaker which is evident by its job postings at its job
postings web-site. Typical job descritptions read, "excellent command
of the english language is necessary".

3. for the President of Cornell to stop collecting a pay check until
he fires the entire Personell department at Cornell University and
honestly carries out the Universities edict if, "for any person, in
any study" (An illusion to the original founder that stipulated the
University would have study available for anyone for any subject.)
3a. Cornell University is discriminitory in its hiring practices over
the decades which has led to a white Cornel, which in turn has led to
a white-dominated ithaca and a supressed black and foreign population
which has resulted in the recent escalation of racisim at ITH.

Meryl

happym...@gmail.com

no leída,
3 feb 2014, 5:04:48 p.m.3/2/2014
para
I agree. I hate it hear but I have no where else to go. I have no family. I feel very isolated in tompkins county. The racism is too much to bear so I live a low quality depressed life. I hope to some day move.
0 mensajes nuevos