Google grupe više ne podržavaju nove postove ni pretplate na Usenetu. Stari sadržaj ostaje vidljiv.

WVBR'S BOUND FOR GLORY STARTS ITS 44th YEAR, FALL 2010

0 prikaza
Preskoči na prvu nepročitanu poruku

Thomas Giventer

nepročitano,
23. kol 2010. 20:17:4323. 08. 2010.
WVBR'S BOUND FOR GLORY STARTS ITS 44th YEAR, FALL 2010

Phil Shapiro, host of WVBR's Bound for Glory since its inception in
1967, announces the Fall schedule, the start of the 44th year of this
Central New York musical tradition.

WVBR's Bound for Glory, North America's longest running live folk
concert broadcast, broadcasts live from the Cafe at Anabel Taylor Hall
at Cornell, on Sunday nights. Bound for Glory brings central New York
another series of free folk concerts, on WVBR-FM, 93.5 and 105.5. We
promise some excellent acoustic music, presented by long-time host Phil
Shapiro.

The show runs Sunday nights from 8 to 11, with live sets at 8:30, 9:30,
and 10:30. All three sets are different. Come to as many sets as you
wish. Admission in the live audience at Anabel Taylor is free and is
open to everyone in the area. Kids are always welcome. Refreshments are
available. For further information, call Phil Shapiro at 607-844-4535,
or e-mail pd...@cornell.edu.

Find out about upcoming Bound for Glory shows, and about how you can
help, through the Friends of Bound for Glory, by looking up
http://wvbr.com on the Web. Everyone can listen to Bound for Glory on
line. The website tells you how.

AUG. 29 ANDREW AND NOAH VAN NORSTRAND. The Van Norstrand brothers
are incredible musicians. They started out playing contradance tunes.
Then they got really creative, and started writing exciting tunes that
no one else duplicates. And now they've turned into songwriters. This
is great stuff, a wonderful start to Fall on Bound for Glory.
http://AndrewAndNoah.com

SEPT. 5 JOHN CADLEY AND THE LOST BOYS. The Lost Boys are an
excellent bluegrass band, and John Cadley is a remarkable songwriter.
They go very well together. They lean toward the traditional side of
bluegrass, but they bring in some surprising influences. Excellent.
http://www.lostboysbluegrass.com

SEPT. 12 SUSAN TRUMP. Susan Trump is someone we've wanted to present
on Bound for Glory for a long time. She's a traditionally oriented folk
singer with a quirky sense of humor, playing mountain dulcimer as well
as guitar and banjo. Come join in on the choruses.
http://www.susantrump.com

SEPT. 19 ROB LUTES. Rob Lutes is a bluesy singer-songwriter from
Montreal, a place not usually known as a home of the blues. Rob is a
creative songwriter and a fine guitarist, willing to tackle all kinds of
topics in his music. This is an exciting Bound for Glory debut that's
going to be great fun. http://www.roblutes.com

SEPT. 26 FINEST KIND. It's been many years since this outstanding
Ottawa-based traditional folk trio has appeared on Bound for Glory.
They're known for their tight harmonies, and they find songs of all
sorts, from the English folk tradition to American cowboy songs. And
they have a good sparkle to them. We are extremely pleased.
http://ianrobb.com/finestkind/.

OCT. 3 BRENDAN TAAFFE. Brendan Taaffe takes the American folk
tradition and finds brand new ways to express it. He'll take an old
song and play it on an unexpected instrument. He'll find a new twist
that gets to the heart of a song. And he'll get us all involved in his
music. Come catch a remarkable guy. http://www.brendantaaffe.com

On OCTOBER 10, Bound for Glory will be Albums from the Studios, as
Cornell takes Fall Break, and the Cafe at Anabel Taylor is closed. Give
Phil a call at 607-273-2121. There will be seven more live shows in the
late Fall, starting OCTOBER 17, including visits from MUSTARD'S RETREAT,
THE ANGEL BAND, CATHY BARTON AND DAVE PARA, MY SWEET PATOOTIE, TIM
GRIMM, STEVE GILLETTE AND CINDY MANGSEN. Details to follow.

WVBR's BOUND FOR GLORY, North America's longest running live folk
concert broadcast, Ithaca, NY, since 1967.
Sunday nights, 8 -11 pm. Listen live at http://wvbr.com

Phil Shapiro, 979 Harford Rd., Dryden, NY 13053. 607-844-4535.
pd...@cornell.edu

--
| ___ __ __ | Now you can shop online and benefit
| / //_ /_ giventer | Friends of Bound for Glory:
| /__/__/__/ software | http://savefone.com
| / systems |
| /__/ ithaca, ny | Home page:

0 novih poruka