Pulling values form MySQL for use in tests

ev

Jan 24, 2010, 6:00:23 PM1/24/10
to iTest2
Hi there,

I am new to TestWise, and new to Watir. I would describe myself as
beginner/intermediate with Ruby.

I am using iTest2 to test a Java web app in order to identify some
bugs that users are experiencing, but which appear to be edge cases.

I want to pull a bunch of values from a MySQL database for use in my
tests. Basically, I want to submit a form over and over again using
values from the database and ensure that the confirmation page is
displayed correctly.

Does anybody have any code or tips for doing this? I know I can hack
my way through it, but thought I would look for inspiration/guidance
first.

Regards,
Evan

Zhimin

Jan 24, 2010, 11:24:25 PM1/24/10
to iTest2
Hi Evan,

Your task seems to be the combination of two posts below:

http://testwisely.com/articles/2009/11/30/database-verification-in-testing/
(load test data from Excel)

http://testwisely.com/articles/2009/11/03/data-driven-testing-in-itest/
(database checking)