IE and Firefox is not running

hits

Dec 18, 2009, 1:20:05 AM12/18/09
to iTest2
I wrote a script and then I clicked on run test cases. It shows
results fail or passed but no browser is running on this attempt. Even
I also tried on by default project helloworld. Bt it is also nt able
to run on any browser. In console window It shows open browser
message.and in run window its also showing proper results.
I am using IE 7.0 and FF 3.5. I dont know where i am stucking . Plz
help..

Zhimin

Dec 18, 2009, 1:26:43 AM12/18/09
to iTest2

Hi there,

What's in your test output? (clicking 'Test Output tab, see
http://itest2.com/images/manual/test_suite_execution.png)

It's seems to me that your Watir/Ruby not installed properly. What
Ruby environment do you use?

Cheers,
Zhimin

hits

Dec 18, 2009, 1:55:20 AM12/18/09
to iTest2
I am using ruby 1.8.6.27 and watir 1.5 version.
In test Output window result is P and time elapsed 3.109316.
So u tell me which version should I use....
I think iTest is working fine in backgroung and giving proper results
but not attempting to open any brower.

On Dec 18, 11:26 am, Zhimin <zhiminz...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi there,
>

> What's in your test output?  (clicking 'Test Output tab, seehttp://itest2.com/images/manual/test_suite_execution.png)

Zhimin

Dec 18, 2009, 4:17:12 AM12/18/09
to iTest2
> I think iTest is working fine in backgroung and giving proper results
> but not attempting to open any browser.

I think the setting for 'Hide browser during execution (IE only)' is
checked, maybe by accident. You can open the settings (Last gear icon
on toolbar, or keyboard shortcut 'Ctrl+,')

To run tests in Firefox, make sure JSSH installed properly, see
http://itest2.com/documentation/firefox-support

> So u tell me which version should I use....

iTest embeds Ruby 1.8.6.p383 and Watir 1.6.5, you don't need other
Ruby installation to run tests (see in browser) in iTest.

If you want to run tests from command line (like integration with
continuous build server), then need separate Ruby+Watir installed,
better in sync with versions in iTest.

The easiest way to get your Watir running on Windows (and updated) is
to get PRoR from http://itest2.com/downloads

Here is blog post on running selected tests from command line,
http://itest2.com/articles/2009/11/09/run-test-scripts-from-command-line/