How to share triggers / smart selection / etc between default and hotkey-window profiles?

Mikhail Trishchenkov

Jun 4, 2024, 8:11:41 PMJun 4
to iterm2-discuss
Hello.

I use hotkey window a lot, and I have separate profile for it to set different window properties (position, opacity, etc)
But separate profile also means I cannot use my familiar triggers / snippets / smart selections in hotkey window. Is there any way to share them with default profile?

George Nachman

Jun 13, 2024, 6:20:11 PMJun 13
to iterm2-...@googlegroups.com
I’ve been meaning to solve this problem well for the last 14 years but I haven’t gotten the time yet.

For now the best way to share nontrivial amounts of configuration is to use Dynamic Profiles.  See the docs here:

Unfortunately, doing so means you can’t make changes through the UI afterwards.