Run commands on selection with right click

Fabre Lambeau

Jun 20, 2024, 4:32:29 PM (13 days ago) Jun 20
to iterm2-discuss
Hi,

There's one thing I have to regularly do in iTerm2, which is to select a string, copy and then paste it as argument to a CLI script. For example to decode base64 strings, or do a lookup in another system.

Is there a way to add my own commands to the right-click context menu, in such a way that I can pass the string selected in the terminal to it?

I had a look at triggers (not what I want, I need to perform the selection by hand) and smart selection (not right either, there isn't a way to define a regex for those strings).

I guess I could try and use Automator and services, but that seems clunky

Am I missing something?

Cheers,

Fabre