Enable modifyOtherKeys=2 for a profile

Huy

Nov 10, 2022, 4:20:59 AM11/10/22
to iterm2-discuss
Is there a way to set a profile to always have modifyOtherKeys=2?  I know I can right-click on the window, go to Terminal State and select it manually. I'm just wondering if there's a way to automate it.

George Nachman

Nov 16, 2022, 1:52:49 AM11/16/22
to iterm2-...@googlegroups.com
No, it has to be turned on by a control sequence. The reason is that it generally doesn’t work well otherwise (e.g., with your shell or programs that take cooked input). What’s the use case?

On Nov 10, 2022 at 1:20:59 AM, Huy <huy...@gmail.com> wrote:
Is there a way to set a profile to always have modifyOtherKeys=2?  I know I can right-click on the window, go to Terminal State and select it manually. I'm just wondering if there's a way to automate it.

Huy

Nov 16, 2022, 5:11:47 AM11/16/22
to iterm2-discuss
Never mind, it's a bad idea.

Now that I understand things better, it makes more sense to me to attack tmux and mosh support :)