How to disable the "focus on command block" feature?

Matt Thompson

Jun 17, 2024, 8:27:13 AMJun 17
to iterm2-discuss
All,

I'm not sure of the right iTerm name for this feature, so I'm not sure how to look for it in settings. Namely, I'm wondering how I can disable the feature where if I click in my terminal, it seems to "select" a command block and then dim the other bits of the terminal (see attached file).

Is there a way to turn this off? I can see the utility, but at the moment it just sort of distracts me and I think I need to warm up to it.

Thanks,
Matt
Screenshot 2024-06-17 at 8.26.04 AM.png

Richard Mitchell

Jun 17, 2024, 10:12:45 AMJun 17
to iterm2-discuss
Pretty sure it is:

iTerm2 -> Settings... -> General -> Selection -> Clicking on a command

(bottom selection box)

Matt Thompson

Jun 17, 2024, 10:17:04 AMJun 17
to iterm2-discuss
Yay! Thanks!

I kept looking at the Profiles options assuming it was in there (for some reason).

Matt

Richard Mitchell

Jun 17, 2024, 10:19:58 AMJun 17
to iterm2-discuss
That is where the "show command at top of terminal" feature is set, so IMHO your expectation was not off.