3.5.0 - Path Finder Integration - Changes in Menu Command for Clearing Buffer?

Kai Su (GokieKS)

May 23, 2024, 7:23:00 PMMay 23
to iterm2-discuss
After upgrading to 3.5.0, using the "Open in Terminal" context menu command in Path Finder (2170, latest version available) will result in the new terminal opening for the selected folder, but when it tries to clear the buffer (basically to clear the cd command), now there's and error message stating "Wrong menu item to clear terminal buffer".

Now obviously this is something that relates to both iTerm2 an Path Finder, but for the iTerm side I wanted to ask, did something change in 3.5.0 on how clear buffer is handled?  If so, I wonder how possible it would be for Path Finder to handle it correctly if it needs to be different for different version of iTerm.

George Nachman

May 28, 2024, 8:48:45 PMMay 28
to iterm2-...@googlegroups.com
I’m not sure what they’re doing, but I don’t believe the menu item changed. The title and identifier are the same.

On May 23, 2024 at 10:36:24 AM, Kai Su (GokieKS) <gok...@gmail.com> wrote:
After upgrading to 3.5.0, using the "Open in Terminal" context menu command in Path Finder (2170, latest version available) will result in the new terminal opening for the selected folder, but when it tries to clear the buffer (basically to clear the cd command), now there's and error message stating "Wrong menu item to clear terminal buffer".

Now obviously this is something that relates to both iTerm2 an Path Finder, but for the iTerm side I wanted to ask, did something change in 3.5.0 on how clear buffer is handled?  If so, I wonder how possible it would be for Path Finder to handle it correctly if it needs to be different for different version of iTerm.

Kai Su (GokieKS)

Jun 5, 2024, 5:30:23 PMJun 5
to iterm2-discuss
It's weird, because the same version of Path Finder works perfectly fine with previous versions of iTerm, so whatever it's doing hasn't changed, but it's getting back a different result/response from iTerm.

Annoyingly Path Finder is in kind of a limbo state these days (the developer is not very responsive), but it's still a must-have for me as it's vastly more powerful than Finder.app and I have not found any acceptable alternatives.  And since I use "Open in Terminal" all the time, I guess I'm stuck with iTerm 2 3.4.23 for the foreseeable future.