Custom window title

Mike Thomas

Apr 7, 2023, 12:23:27 PM4/7/23
to iterm2-discuss
Hi, I would like to alter the way the window title appears for each profile so I can more easily identify them in the list of already open iterm2 windows.  But I'm not seeing the right way to define the Custom Window Title..  I would like it to appear as usual but add " - Identifier"

The identifier will be different for each profile.

Thanks!

Mike Thomas

Apr 7, 2023, 12:33:40 PM4/7/23
to iterm2-discuss
I expected to find a variable that I could use that would be replaced by the default window title configuration like \(terminalWindowName) or something...

Then for my Red window I would set Custom Window Title to "\(terminalWindowName) - Red" etc..

Mike Thomas

Apr 7, 2023, 12:41:55 PM4/7/23
to iterm2-discuss
Ok well I finally found some example and tried it and then was able to determine the right string...  so here is the answer:

"\(currentTab.currentSession.terminalWindowName) - Red"