Musical note glyph not displayed

Daniel Falbo

Mar 10, 2021, 1:09:52 AM3/10/21
to iterm2-discuss
 Screenshot 2021-03-10 at 07.04.56.png
On the top it is iTerm, on the bottom is Terminal.app. The font is VictorMono Nerd Font in both terminals (installed with `brew install --cask homebrew/cask-fonts/font-victor-mono-nerd-font`). Why is the musical note symbol displayed in Terminal.app and not in iTerm? How can I fix this?

George Nachman

Mar 11, 2021, 3:22:47 AM3/11/21
to iterm2-...@googlegroups.com
The note collides with a code point that iTerm2 uses internally. It was a bad decision to use the private use area this way since fonts sometimes do this. Unfortunately it is difficult to change at this point because it would require a migration of saved sessions which is slow to do.

 Screenshot 2021-03-10 at 07.04.56.png
On the top it is iTerm, on the bottom is Terminal.app. The font is VictorMono Nerd Font in both terminals (installed with `brew install --cask homebrew/cask-fonts/font-victor-mono-nerd-font`). Why is the musical note symbol displayed in Terminal.app and not in iTerm? How can I fix this?

Daniel Falbo

Mar 11, 2021, 11:05:24 AM3/11/21
to iterm2-discuss

Thank you! I've found the issue on GitLab and I'm going to follow it 👍