iTerm2 flashing notification on close

Nick Chambers

Nov 11, 2022, 6:10:48 PM11/11/22
to iterm2-discuss
Hi! I have a process that kills my shell (effectively killing the terminal) if its idle for 10 minutes. Whenever this happens, iTerm2 flashes a notification saying it closed and makes a ding noise:

Screen Shot 2022-11-11 at 5.09.23 PM.png

Is there any way to disable the notification and ding? Ideally I'd just like it to stop quietly.

Adrian Bool

Nov 15, 2022, 1:56:52 PM11/15/22
to iterm2-discuss

Perhaps Preferences -> Profile -> Terminal -> Notification Center Alerts [ Filter Alerts ] -> Untick "Send Session Ended alert" may solve this for you?