popup terminal in Spaces is broken (Ventura)

Eric Jacobsen

Nov 7, 2022, 5:38:36 PM11/7/22
to iterm2-discuss
I've been using iTerm as a popup "visor" in Mac for many years now. It seems like once every three or four releases, something happens to Mac window management that breaks it, and that's happened this year.

When the Profiles / Window Space option is set to "All Spaces," hitting the popup hotkey shunts the user over the the Space where the window was first made (I believe that's the "Current Space" behavior), instead of popping up in any — or more specifically, the current — space (the "All Spaces" behavior).

Hope this isn't a tough fix. Thank you for your hard work and an indispensable tool.
Screenshot 2022-11-07 at 5.35.02 PM.PNG

Eric Jacobsen

Nov 9, 2022, 8:50:34 PM11/9/22
to iterm2-discuss
hm, it seeeems to be fixed in 13.1 beta… I'll follow up after another day or two

Eric Jacobsen

Nov 10, 2022, 11:44:23 AM11/10/22
to iterm2-discuss
nope, I take it back. Works when initialized but after five minutes or so loses the correct behavior.

George Nachman

Nov 16, 2022, 1:52:14 AM11/16/22
to iterm2-...@googlegroups.com
Can you see if the breakage correlates with anything in particular, or is it just passage of time?

Eric Jacobsen

Nov 17, 2022, 1:04:16 PM11/17/22
to iterm2-discuss
It does appear to be a passage-of-time thing. I was clear for roughly an hour this morning, can't think of anything that could correlate to the issue surfacing.

It's not a sleep thing… not about connecting or disconnecting from external displays either. Still exists on the 13.1 beta that came out last night.

Eric Jacobsen

Jan 20, 2023, 3:58:51 PMJan 20
to iterm2-discuss
Still broken. This is the first time I've regretted updating MacOS.