URLs without https:// not recognized in 3.5

Janio Sarmento

Jun 12, 2024, 6:19:07 PMJun 12
to iterm2-discuss
Hi,

This is my first participation here, although I've been a happy user of iTerm2 since I don't know when — perhaps in a past life.

I'm asking for help because I work with web hosting. One of the most useful features of iTerm2 has been the ability to command-click a URL and have it open in my default browser.

Since 3.5, domains without the "https://" prefix are not clickable anymore. There must be a good reason for that, of course.

I tried the Smart Selections (creating a new RE without the "https?://" particle for those strings, but they won't work. Even if I select the entire string, right-click and ask it to open as a URL, I get an error:

The application can't be opened. -50

I would appreciate any guidance you can give me. Otherwise, I'll have no choice but to use an older version of iTerm (this simple thought is an abomination for me).

ssh_pf.png

Thanks!

Best regards,
Janio

George Nachman

Jun 13, 2024, 1:03:14 PMJun 13
to iterm2-...@googlegroups.com
In order to reduce the number of false positives (since a huge % of the terminal contents were clickable but not really links), this setting was changed to default to Yes. Flip it to No to get the old behavior back.

Janio Sarmento

Jun 13, 2024, 6:18:40 PMJun 13
to iterm2-...@googlegroups.com
Thank you very much!

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "iterm2-discuss" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/iterm2-discuss/CAB5RqonEtzyV0PZxmtov7Rv9nJNeKH3KGVgmkmbb6R_WxeWGtw%40mail.gmail.com.