iTerm window keeps focus when running GUI commands in MacOS

Skip to the first unread message

Oleg Poleshuk

27 Oct 2022, 9:44:30 am27/10/22
to iterm2-discuss
Hi,

When I run a command which opens new window in MacOS - for example, mvim or mate (TextMate), that new window opens under iTerm window.

MacOS Terminal works differently - MacVim or TextMate open a new window (get focus) on top of iTerm window.

I think this behaviour started some time ago, so there was a change in one of recent version of iTerm. I'm using Build 3.4.16 at this moment. I checked it on a different laptop and I see the same issue.

Is there a setting to revert to the old behaviour? I looked through Preferences and also checked docs and release notes, could not find anything relevant.

Thanks!!

George Nachman

16 Nov 2022, 2:17:53 am16/11/22
to iterm2-...@googlegroups.com
This happens when secure keyboard entry is left on. It’s a security feature introduced in macOS 12.

Oleg Poleshuk

22 Nov 2022, 9:56:46 am22/11/22
to iterm2-discuss
Thanks a lot, that was it!!