Newbie has lost title/tab bar

已查看 16 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

st...@sbrecher.com

未读,
2022年9月21日 10:12:372022/9/21
收件人 iterm2-discuss
Somehow I've lost the title bar and, although I've searched the Preferences, I haven't been able to get it back.

I'm referring to the horizontal bar at the top of a window by which the window can be moved with the mouse.

st...@sbrecher.com

未读,
2022年9月21日 11:27:522022/9/21
收件人 iterm2-discuss
Newbie found it again after changing Preferences::Profiles::Window::Style from Right of Screen to Normal. I don't understand why these are mutually exclusive, but then I'm not paid to.

George Nachman

未读,
2022年9月21日 12:22:382022/9/21
收件人 iterm2-...@googlegroups.com
They’re mutually exclusive exactly because normal windows have a title bar so you can move them around, while right/left/top/bottom-of-screen windows are only resizable.

st...@sbrecher.com

未读,
2022年9月21日 12:32:552022/9/21
收件人 iterm2-discuss
So I inferred. I guess I should put it this way: I don't (yet) see a way to specify my preference, i.e., to always open the first window on the right, with a title bar, regardless of positions(s) in previous sessions.

George Nachman

未读,
2022年9月21日 12:34:152022/9/21
收件人 iterm2-...@googlegroups.com
You can set the default window style for a profile here:

st...@sbrecher.com

未读,
2022年9月21日 12:39:532022/9/21
收件人 iterm2-discuss
Yes, but I don't see what I can choose from  that menu  to get both on the right and a title bar.

George Nachman

未读,
2022年9月21日 12:42:592022/9/21
收件人 iterm2-...@googlegroups.com
Since the title bar would not allow you to drag the window, x-of-screen windows always omit the title bar. Out of curiosity what do you want it for? Just to see the title?

st...@sbrecher.com

未读,
2022年9月21日 12:48:312022/9/21
收件人 iterm2-discuss
I'm missing something -- the title bar is a "drag with mouse" handle, is it not? And that's why I want it -- to easily move the window when the occasional need arises.

George Nachman

未读,
2022年9月21日 16:11:352022/9/21
收件人 iterm2-...@googlegroups.com
Right-of-screen windows aren’t movable, though. So that’s why they don’t have a drag handle. Are you looking for a window you could move up and down while keeping it stuck to the right side?

st...@sbrecher.com

未读,
2022年9月21日 16:16:122022/9/21
收件人 iterm2-discuss
No, I'm looking for a window with a title bar that opens on the right side but that can be moved to the left if the need arises.

George Nachman

未读,
2022年9月21日 17:34:252022/9/21
收件人 iterm2-...@googlegroups.com
Oh, so what you want is more like a normal window whose initial position is configurable to the right side?

Initial position is definitely a missing piece at the moment.

回复全部
回复作者
转发
0 个新帖子