Empty column on far right

Andy Falanga

Mar 21, 2022, 6:20:39 PMMar 21
to iterm2-discuss
Hi,

There is an empty column of 1 character's width to the far right of the window.  Ordinarily, this causes no headache except when I ssh into Linux machines at work.  The SSH sessions don't seem to handle that correctly.  When I type commands that wrap the line, the representation becomes 1 character off.  How can I configure iTerm so that this empty column is not displayed?

Thanks,
Andy

George Nachman

Apr 3, 2022, 2:17:17 PMApr 3
to iterm2-...@googlegroups.com
Typically wrapping problems happen because of a disagreement between the terminal emulator and the program running in it about the width of emoji. It can also happen if you haven’t properly wrapped non-printing characters in your shell prompt.

For emoji issues, changing prefs > profiles > text > use unicode version 9+ widths may help. Typically this would only happen when sshing to a very old system since unicode 9 has been with us for so long.

For the latter problem, see: