Problems with CMD+`

Michael Wallis

Nov 3, 2022, 9:45:21 PM11/3/22
to iterm2-discuss
Hi ...

I've noticed on Ventura that the CMD+` key combo that usually shows the next window in an app, will only take you to the iTems2 instance if it's open. If iTerm2 isn't running, the CMD+` key works fine.

How/where do I change this??

George Nachman

Nov 16, 2022, 1:55:03 AM11/16/22
to iterm2-...@googlegroups.com
Cmd-` never switches to miniaturized windows, but I’m not sure if that’s what you mean. Can you give more detail on what’s happening vs what you expect?

Michael Wallis

Nov 16, 2022, 11:20:31 AM11/16/22
to iterm2-...@googlegroups.com
When iTerm is not running, and (for example) I have multiple Keynote documents open, pressing the Command key and the ` (back tick) will switch between documents.

If iTerm IS running, pressing Command and ` will only take focus to iTerm.

This is not proper behaviour and is quite annoying.

If I have multiple iTerm widows open, Command and ` will switch between them, but it seems to be hijacking that key combo when there are other apps that use it.

Michael

Richard Mitchell

Nov 16, 2022, 1:49:59 PM11/16/22
to iterm2-discuss
I have multiple iTerm2 windows and multiple of other apps open too and I'm not seeing the same behavior you are.
Using [CMD][backtick] only cycles thru windows of the current app in the menu bar.

I'm on:
12.6.1         MacOS
3.5.0beta6 iTerm2

Michael Wallis