working directory not working

Homyee King

Nov 11, 2022, 4:33:16 AM11/11/22
to iterm2-discuss
I've set the default profile's working directory
working directory for New Windows:
I choose Directory and set the path I want

but it's not working for me.

by the way, I am using the latest iterm2

Homyee King

Nov 11, 2022, 4:40:40 AM11/11/22
to iterm2-discuss
67111519-0FF0-4743-A19B-C92E87DA945C.png

Homyee King

Nov 11, 2022, 4:41:14 AM11/11/22
to iterm2-discuss
still goes the root

Richard Mitchell

Nov 11, 2022, 9:29:42 AM11/11/22
to iterm2-discuss
You've verified there isn't a typo or hidden character in the supplied path?

Homyee King

Nov 13, 2022, 9:37:55 PM11/13/22
to iterm2-discuss
yes, I am sure it's valid

George Nachman

Nov 15, 2022, 1:57:31 PM11/15/22
to iterm2-...@googlegroups.com
Typically this happens because iTerm2 doesn’t know what the current directory is. For example, if you are sshed somewhere that you don’t have shell integration installed.