3.5.0 does not respond anymore

Tom Hageman

May 28, 2024, 6:53:31 PMMay 28
to iterm2-discuss
Hi,  I apparently did something to cause 3.5.0 to not completely freeze exactly (according to Force Quit it's still running normally), but get in a state where it does not respond to any mouse-click or keystroke.  This includes the Menu bar.

Last thing I remember doing was clicking on "Enter Full Screen" button in Window bar.  That didn't respond either, the window stayed in its original (non full-screen) state.

I can provide a Sample file from Activity Monitor if that helps.

Regards,
Tom.

Tom Hageman

May 29, 2024, 10:57:44 AMMay 29
to iterm2-discuss
The good news: after Force Quit and relaunch, I was pleasantly surprised that my ssh sessions were restored and still active.  Nice recovery!

George Nachman

May 29, 2024, 12:25:19 PMMay 29
to iterm2-...@googlegroups.com
If this happens again a sample from activity monitor would be great.

Tom Hageman

May 30, 2024, 2:21:57 PMMay 30
to iterm2-discuss
Here it is (saved from the time it happened).

Regards,
--
Tom.

Sample of iTerm2-unresponsive-20240528-171000.txt

George Nachman

May 30, 2024, 5:08:15 PMMay 30
to iterm2-...@googlegroups.com
It seems to be trying to show a menu that’s related to the window’s zoom button. Did you right click on the zoom button by chance?