New window action instead of moving to last workspace

Henry

Jan 26, 2023, 12:29:17 PM1/26/23
to iterm2-discuss
Hi,

maybe I just can't find the option or. my search-foo is to weak to find prior discussions on this, sorry in advance if that's the case. Now to my question: When I summon iTerm I'd prefer to get a new Terminal on the current workspace. Instead it moves to the last workspace where I was active. This breaks my flow quite often and I really don't want to get into the silliness of Mission Control here neither. Is there a way to tune this behaviour in iTerm itself?

I tried to realise this with a system keyboard app shortcut, trying to trigger "New Window (Default Profile)" but this didn't do a thing. The Keys one can set inside iTerm only seem to listen when the App is already active, as far as I can tell.

Kind regards for any pointers,

Richard Mitchell

Jan 26, 2023, 2:46:06 PM1/26/23
to iterm2-discuss
Have you checked Apple's preferences?

Apple -> Preferences...  -> Mision Control
Untitled.jpg