Building a Universal Design Plan

1 view

Sheri

Aug 17, 2010, 12:26:39 PM8/17/10
to ITCLA10
At the academy, I had mentioned that I am working on a Universal
Design for Online Education Plan. I'd like to get some feedback on the
plan and matrix project so I can begin to expand on it. I am certain
that I have left out parts or need to modify others, but I'd like to
hear from the group their thoughts too. Where can I post these
documents in our Google group area to share, should it be under my
name section or where? Thanks!

Jean Runyon

Aug 17, 2010, 9:53:49 PM8/17/10
to ITCLA10
Sheri:

I'm a "newbie" when it comes to using Google docs (and Barry might
have a better idea). Would you start a discussion ("Universal Design
for Online Education Plan") and upload the file? Let us know what
type of feedback you're looking for (i.e., on the overall plan,
specific areas).

Jean

Barry Dahl

Aug 18, 2010, 8:11:27 AM8/18/10
to ITCLA10
Sheri,

Go to the home page of the group - http://groups.google.com/group/itcla10
- and you'll see a "Files" area. Just upload the file there and we
should be able to access it.Looking forward to it.

Christine

Aug 18, 2010, 10:20:43 AM8/18/10
to ITCLA10
Hi Sheri,

I have two thoughts, questions for you.

1. I am putting the ITC Webinar schedule together and I have you on my
list of people to contact about doing a Webinar on Universal Design in
the spring. Do you think you could present then or are you just in
the beginning stages? It might be good to hear what you learn about
in this process.

2. I would love to do a Quick Poll with ITC members on this. All I
need is a bunch of fairly simple-to-answer questions - multiple choice
style on what you are interested in learning. Our polls are
anonymous, but we could ask for a contact in case you want to follow
up with anyone who is doing some interesting things in universal
design.

Just send anything to cmul...@itcnetwork.org and we can get this
going pretty quickly if you are interested. Then you can get feedback
from a bunch of ITC members. Chris.

Sheri steinke

Aug 18, 2010, 4:56:48 PM8/18/10
to itc...@googlegroups.com
I put the material up on the site, under my name. Not really in the beginning stages, just trying to document and show a plan. We always have been doing this, but are trying to make more of a emphasis on the fact we are doing this by establishing the plan, plus having training. Let me know who the audience is and I can customize my current materials.
--
Warm regards,

Sheri Steinke

"We forget that human affairs require a high degree of uncertainty, messiness, and chaos to function smoothly." Quote: Dr. Larry Dossey

Greg Marczak

Aug 19, 2010, 8:09:54 AM8/19/10
to ITCLA10
Thanks Sherri. This is something I can use as well. As we build
ours, I will provide feedback to you.

On Aug 18, 4:56 pm, Sheri steinke <sheri.stein...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I put the material up on the site, under my name. Not really in the
> beginning stages, just trying to document and show a plan. We always have
> been doing this, but are trying to make more of a emphasis on the fact we
> are doing this by establishing the plan, plus having training. Let me know
> who the audience is and I can customize my current materials.
>

> On Wed, Aug 18, 2010 at 9:20 AM, Christine <cmull...@itcnetwork.org> wrote:
> > Hi Sheri,
>
> > I have two thoughts, questions for you.
>
> > 1. I am putting the ITC Webinar schedule together and I have you on my
> > list of people to contact about doing a Webinar on Universal Design in
> > the spring.  Do you think you could present then or are you just in
> > the beginning stages?  It might be good to hear what you learn about
> > in this process.
>
> > 2. I would love to do a Quick Poll with ITC members on this.  All I
> > need is a bunch of fairly simple-to-answer questions - multiple choice
> > style on what you are interested in learning.  Our polls are
> > anonymous, but we could ask for a contact in case you want to follow
> > up with anyone who is doing some interesting things in universal
> > design.
>
> > Just send anything to cmull...@itcnetwork.org and we can get this
> > going pretty quickly if you are interested.  Then you can get feedback
> > from a bunch of ITC members.  Chris.
>
> > On Aug 17, 12:26 pm, Sheri <sheri.stein...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > At the academy, I had mentioned that I am working on a Universal
> > > Design for Online Education Plan. I'd like to get some feedback on the
> > > plan and matrix project so I can begin to expand on it. I am certain
> > > that I have left out parts or need to modify others, but I'd like to
> > > hear from the group their thoughts too. Where can I post these
> > > documents in our Google group area to share, should it be under my
> > > name section or where? Thanks!
>
> --
> Warm regards,
>
> Sheri Steinke
>
> "We forget that human affairs require a high degree of uncertainty,
> messiness, and chaos to function smoothly." Quote: Dr. Larry Dossey- Hide quoted text -

Sheri steinke

Aug 19, 2010, 2:03:36 PM8/19/10
to itc...@googlegroups.com
I posted the material under my name, not knowing if this was the right place, but Barry sent directions later and that is where he had said to post. I think a few things are missing, but this certainly could be something we all share and have in place. I plan on attending a teleconference on September from HiSoftware on updated changes to ADA--potential.

Mickey

Aug 19, 2010, 3:29:32 PM8/19/10
to ITCLA10
Chris - I think the idea of a quick poll is great on this. On the
questions, I'd include two sections. The first one would actually
identify whether or not their college used universal design, hope to
use it in the future, and their philosophical perspective related to
how much in favor or how opposed were they to the concept of universal
design.

On the second section, for those who are using or are philosophically
in favor of universal design, it could deal with the process and
components to be included.