Expectations for online learning

Barry Dahl

Jul 26, 2010, 3:24:34 PM7/26/10
to ITCLA10
Does your college or university have a formal (written and published)
list of expectations related to online teaching and learning? Examples
might include any or all of the following:

1) Expectations for online students (what they should expect when
taking online courses)
2) Expectations of online students (what the institution expects of
students taking online courses)
3) Expectations for online faculty (what they should expect from the
institution when teaching online courses)
4) Expectations of online faculty (what the institution expects of
faculty when they are teaching online courses)

Please discuss, and if you have published expectations, please provide
a link.

Greg Marczak

Jul 26, 2010, 4:13:30 PM7/26/10
to ITCLA10
Muskegon Community College does have written and published guidelines
for #1 and #3. We have elements of #2 and #4, but it's very loose and
somewhat buried in our website.

Paula Ascher

Jul 26, 2010, 4:20:29 PM7/26/10
to itc...@googlegroups.com

Lea Ann

Jul 26, 2010, 5:02:39 PM7/26/10
to ITCLA10

Mid-State Technical College has an Adobe Connect narrated PowerPoint
verbalizes what is expected of a student in online learning and
another one that verbalizes what a student can expect from the
instructor. The PowerPoints are embedded in our online student
orientation.

Honoria

Jul 26, 2010, 5:05:58 PM7/26/10
to ITCLA10
We cover #1 and #2 in our Student Orientation in our LMS. Our
orientation is optional, but we are hoping to make it mandatory one of
these days.
#3 & #4 we discuss in instructor training sessions and workshops, but
do not have a formal document.

On Jul 26, 3:20 pm, Paula Ascher <paulaasc...@gmail.com> wrote:
> #1and #2http://www.cgcc.cc.or.us/DistanceLearning/Orientation/intro/intro.cfm
> #3 and #4http://www.cgcc.cc.or.us/DistanceLearning/documents/InstructionalTech...