ALOE VERA

zack lim

Jul 11, 2024, 12:29:24 PM (6 days ago) Jul 11
to itb// IDNF
ALOE VERA GEL VS LOTION

Now that we’ve discussed the common use of aloe vera, let us now continue with comparing aloe vera gel with aloe vera lotion.

Aloe vera gel and lotion have their differences and similarities. Before we compare them, we should first identify their similar and different qualities by discussing them separately.

ALOE VERA GEL

Before we proceed, let us first make it clear that aloe vera gel can mean two things: gel that is extracted directly from the plant and gel that is a skin care gel. We are now discussing the skincare product.

Paybacks
Aloe vera gel is generally not safe to ingest; it contains ingredients not targeted for ingestion but shelf life and improved texture and appearance. It is mainly used to:

Moisturize the skin
Remove makeup
Alleviate discomfort from burn and sunburn
Ease itch and other skin irritations
Reduce swelling
It is generally purer than lotion and is also marketed as such. The purer the aloe vera gel is, the better it is. Nowadays, the best-rated aloe vera gels are the pure ones or the ones that are 100% aloe vera gel.

Aloe vera gel is the usual substitute if you can’t find a plant. So, make sure that you buy 100% pure aloe vera gel without added chemicals, like alcohol and scents. If you’re looking for an organic replacement to aloe vera plant or you simply just want a natural remedy, aloe vera gel is your best bet.

Drawbacks
Aloe vera gel only has one known drawback, since it’s not the plant itself; there is an insignificantly higher – but still small – chance that it may cause some allergic reactions to some people who have very sensitive skin.

If you’re allergic to 100% aloe vera gel then most probably you’re also allergic to an aloe vera plant and you should probably opt out of using any aloe vera products. This is because aloe vera gel is the closest there is to the plant itself.

ALOE VERA LOTION

Aloe vera lotion is a bit more complex than the gel. It uses base oils to optimize aloe vera’s moisturizing capabilities. These oils can be natural or chemical, so make sure to check the ingredients, especially if you have sensitive skin, for it may cause allergic reactions.

Paybacks
Lotions also tend to have a targeted intended use. For example, in moisturizing lotion, the intended use is to moisturize, while sunscreen is intended to protect you from the sun. Unlike gels which have general uses.

In general, aloe vera lotions have the same use as the gel form, except it is infused with chemicals and compounds intended to boost their envisioned purpose.

Drawbacks
Aloe vera lotion is not as versatile as the gel for it is infused with other substances. Moreover, these substances may sometimes be harsh chemicals that could trigger allergic reactions at a significantly higher rate.

These allergic reactions and side effects may include the following:

Redness
Stinging and burning sensation
Other forms of irritation
To avoid this, a basic patch test should be exercised.

CONCLUSION

Aloe vera undoubtedly has various treatments which is why many products have been derived from it. In our aloe vera gel vs lotion, we bore that, in terms of versatility and general safety of use, the gel is the much safer choice compared to lotion.

However, this does not disavow the fact that lotions are specifically formulated to address certain concerns. This, at times, make lotion more effective than the gel, but with the greater risk of having allergic reactions or skin irritation.

Knowing this, we can deduce that gel is handier and more adaptable; it has universal use and is much safer and less prone to cause skin irritation. However, for specific and more technical usage, the lotion has the edge.

Sent from my iPhone