Android Track announced for JAX London! Free Intellibook for all 3 day registrants!

jblease

Aug 30, 2011, 6:30:56 AM8/30/11
to IAUG Italian Android Users Group
This year for the first time JAX London is holding a track dedicated
to the Android operating system.

Sessions so far include
• Building The Guardian's Android app - Lessons Learned, by Rupert
Bates (Guardian.co.uk)
A session looking at some of the key design decisions from the
Guardian's recently released Android news app, what worked, what
didn't and what we'll be doing differently in version 1.1. The focus
will be on how to move beyond demo code and build an app that is ready
for the marketplace.

• Busy Java Developer’s Guide to Android: UI by Ted Neward (Neward &
Associates)
The Android environment has everything the mobile developer could want
from a user interface perspective: buttons, scrollbars, text-editing
controls, and more. In this session, we’ll talk about the Android
control set, explore a few of the options, talk a bit about ways to
make UIs consistent across Activities, and more. (Note: this session
assumes you have some familiarity with the Android environment.)

• Busy Java Developer’s Guide to Android: Persistence by Ted Neward
(Neward & Associates)
The Android ecosystem offers a few different ways to store things
across restarts, but because Android also runs Java, a few more
options also make themselves available, which means the Android
developer has a pretty wide assortment of choices available to her. In
this session, we’ll talk about those available choices, the pros and
cons of each, and how to and when to use them. (Note: this session
assumes you have some familiarity with the Android environment.)

• Creating Agit: Getting Git onto Android by Roberto Tyley
Developing a Git client for Android threw up a bunch of interesting
challenges; from low-level bug-hunting in the source code of Android,
to architectural choices around cross-app integration. This talk
describes those challenges, the curious bugs found, and the resulting
Grand Tour of open-source projects; patching Android, JGit, ConnectBot
and even Git itself...

Other tracks include Spring, Java EE, Agile, Java Core, Technical
Architecture, Cloud, and Java Tech & Tools.

We’re also offering a very special offer this year that anyone who
registers for the full 3 days will receive a free subnotebook
‘Intellibook’ http://intellibook.de/dasintellibook

Go to www.jaxlondon.com for more information. Speaker and schedule
updates will be posted on the website. You can also get news, reviews
and in-depth analysis on everything in the Java ecosystem by visiting
www.jaxenter.com

For further information contact on JAX London contact Jennifer
Blease. Email jbl...@jaxlondon.com Telephone +44 (0)20 7401 4845