NTP servers in Italy

Andrea Monni

Jul 15, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/15/96

Luca Polo (ja...@berica.gest.unipd.it) wrote:
> In article <4s56i2$i...@tempo.univ-lyon1.fr>,
> Gilles Rech <gil...@cismhp.univ-lyon1.fr> wrote:
> >My question is, is there an official italian NTP servers list towards I could
> >redirect the requests to ?

> The primary NTP site for Italy is tempo.ien.it (which belongs to the Istituto
> Elettrotecnico Nazionale "Galileo Ferraris", see also http://www.ien.it/).

What the heck is a NTP server? A NNTP server without a N?
-t-
---------------------------------------------------..---------------------.
|Instead of worrying about the future, || __/// I support |
|let's labour to create it (J.Grant) || \\\/ AMiGA |
|---------------------------------------------------||---------------------|
|Andrea Monni <and...@unica.it> || http://www.amiga.de |
`---------------------------------------------------'`---------------------'

Daniele Orlandi

Jul 15, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/15/96
to Andrea Monni

Andrea Monni wrote:

> Luca Polo (ja...@berica.gest.unipd.it) wrote:
> > In article <4s56i2$i...@tempo.univ-lyon1.fr>,
> > Gilles Rech <gil...@cismhp.univ-lyon1.fr> wrote:
> > >My question is, is there an official italian NTP servers list towards I could
> > >redirect the requests to ?
>
> > The primary NTP site for Italy is tempo.ien.it (which belongs to the Istituto
> > Elettrotecnico Nazionale "Galileo Ferraris", see also http://www.ien.it/).
>
> What the heck is a NTP server? A NNTP server without a N?

NTP: (N)etwork
(T)ime
(P)rotocol

E' un protocollo per sincronizzare l'oroligio del tuo host, in base ad
una fonte più precisa. Il Galileo Ferraris ha un orologio atomico e tu
puoi sincronizzarti a quello.

Ciao !

--
Daniele

------------------------ Fuck The Monopoly ! -----------------------
______ ____
/_ __/ / __/
/ /__ __ __ __ / /_
/ //_ / /_ / / / /\/\ /_ / / / \/ \/
/ //__ /_ /__ /__ /_/ / / __/ / /__/ /\ /\
/_/ Italia /___/

-> 534 <- days and telecom's monopoly will be fucked forever !

Daniele Orlandi - Utility Line Italia
Via Mezzera 29/A - 20030 Seveso (MI) - Italy - FAX: ++39(362)540153

Luca Polo

Jul 15, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/15/96

In article <4s56i2$i...@tempo.univ-lyon1.fr>,
Gilles Rech <gil...@cismhp.univ-lyon1.fr> wrote:
>My question is, is there an official italian NTP servers list towards I could
>redirect the requests to ?

The primary NTP site for Italy is tempo.ien.it (which belongs to the Istituto
Elettrotecnico Nazionale "Galileo Ferraris", see also http://www.ien.it/).

I've heard of other sites which supply NTP service (possibly based on a DCF-77
receiver), but I can't remember their coordinates just now...

Regards,
Luca Polo.
--
+-----------------------------------------++---------------------------+
| Luca Polo : ja...@gest.unipd.it || System administrator, |

Marco Paladini

Jul 17, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/17/96

On Mon, 15 Jul 1996 21:04:43 +0200, Daniele Orlandi <dorl...@uli.it>
wrote:

>NTP: (N)etwork
> (T)ime
> (P)rotocol

>E' un protocollo per sincronizzare l'oroligio del tuo host, in base ad
>una fonte più precisa. Il Galileo Ferraris ha un orologio atomico e tu
>puoi sincronizzarti a quello.

ottimo.. come si fa? e poi l'orologio di galileo ferraris porta l'ora
italiana?
ci vuole un programma adatto? dove si trova?

CIAO

Daniele Orlandi

Jul 17, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/17/96
to Marco Paladini

> >E' un protocollo per sincronizzare l'oroligio del tuo host, in base ad
> >una fonte più precisa. Il Galileo Ferraris ha un orologio atomico e tu
> >puoi sincronizzarti a quello.
> ottimo.. come si fa? e poi l'orologio di galileo ferraris porta l'ora
> italiana?
> ci vuole un programma adatto? dove si trova?

Un client NTP lo puoi scaricare qui:

http://calgary.worldlinx.com/SetTime.htm

E' per Windows, compreso di sorgenti.

L'host e' tempo.ien.it

Ciao !

--
Daniele

------------------------ Fuck The Monopoly ! -----------------------
______ ____
/_ __/ / __/
/ /__ __ __ __ / /_
/ //_ / /_ / / / /\/\ /_ / / / \/ \/
/ //__ /_ /__ /__ /_/ / / __/ / /__/ /\ /\
/_/ Italia /___/

-> 532 <- days and telecom's monopoly will be fucked forever !

Gilles Rech

Jul 17, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/17/96

Luca Polo (ja...@berica.gest.unipd.it) wrote:

> The primary NTP site for Italy is tempo.ien.it (which belongs to the Istituto
> Elettrotecnico Nazionale "Galileo Ferraris", see also http://www.ien.it/).

Grazie a tutti per le vostre risposte. Cordiali saluti,
--
Gilles Rech.
C.I.S.M., Universite Claude Bernard Lyon I & INSA Lyon, France.

Luca Polo

Jul 17, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/17/96

In article <4sdt9s$1c...@berlioz.crs4.it>,

Andrea Monni <amo...@bode.diee.unica.it> wrote:
>Luca Polo (ja...@berica.gest.unipd.it) wrote:
>>The primary NTP site for Italy is tempo.ien.it (which belongs to the Istituto
>>Elettrotecnico Nazionale "Galileo Ferraris", see also http://www.ien.it/).
>
>What the heck is a NTP server? A NNTP server without a N?

NTP = Network Time Protocol, described in RFC 1305; is a protocol used to
sinchronize the clock of several machines with one or more time servers
(which in turn can obtain their time from another time server: in this case
they are secondary servers, while primary servers use radio signals like
DCF-77 or are connected to high precision clocks).
The algorithms used are so effective that one can maintain two clocks sinchro-
nized within few milliseconds regardless of the distance between them.
RFC 1769 describes a simplified version of NTP, called SNTP (Simple NTP).

Regards,
Luca Polo.

P.S.: e se tornassimo a parlare Italiano ? :-)

Paris RHPK Cristiano

Aug 7, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/7/96

pala...@mbox.vol.it (Marco Paladini) wrote:

>ottimo.. come si fa? e poi l'orologio di galileo ferraris porta l'ora
>italiana?
>ci vuole un programma adatto? dove si trova?

>CIAO

Si, ci vuole un programma apposito, ma puoi scaricartelo agevolamente
da uno dei tanti mirror di TWO COWS, andando nel link dei Time
Syncronizers...

Ciao Ciao !

_ _
|_> |_| |_> |_/
| \ONN | | | | \ING

WRITE ME AT ONE OF THE FOLLOWING ADDRESSES :

cpa...@sinergia.it
rh...@geocities.com

... OR VISIT MY ALWAYS CHANGIN' HOME PAGE :

http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/4122

PGP Encrypted mail are welcome !
My key is on the most popular keyservers !

Dr. Brain

Sep 26, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/26/96

On Wed, 07 Aug 1996 07:07:29 GMT, cpa...@sinergia.it (Paris "RHPK"
Cristiano) wrote:

>>ottimo.. come si fa? e poi l'orologio di galileo ferraris porta l'ora
>>italiana?
>>ci vuole un programma adatto? dove si trova?

ah.... scuuuusatemi! Ho perso l'inizio del thred... io usavo il
GALILEO.EXE soddo DOS tempo fa e ora uso il 4DTime trovato appunto in
TUCOWS.. ha una lista paurosa di NTP servers, uno + inaffidabile
dell'altro... per caso anche l'IEN Galileo de Ferraris ha un NTP
server???

Grazzzzzzie!

żDr.Brain?
e-mail: dr.b...@iol.it (PGP Key available on keyservers as 0xD0E45839)
homepage: http://www.geocities.com/Tokyo/1596/lapo.html

Daniele Orlandi

Sep 27, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/27/96

Dr. Brain wrote:
> ah.... scuuuusatemi! Ho perso l'inizio del thred... io usavo il
> GALILEO.EXE soddo DOS tempo fa e ora uso il 4DTime trovato appunto in
> TUCOWS.. ha una lista paurosa di NTP servers, uno + inaffidabile
> dell'altro... per caso anche l'IEN Galileo de Ferraris ha un NTP
> server???

Si, ce l'ha:

tempo.ien.it

Comunque il thread e' ben vecchio !

Ciao !

--
Daniele

/_/ Italia /___/

-> 461 <- days and telecom's monopoly will be fucked forever !