MAME 0.217 out!

unkle

Dec 25, 2019, 6:17:53 AM12/25/19
Release natalizia <3 <3 <3

What better way to celebrate Christmas than with a new MAME release?
That's right - MAME 0.217 is scheduled for release today. Just a
reminder, this will be the last MAME release that we distribute a
pre-built 32-bit Windows binary package for. Compiling for 32-bit
targets will still be supported, but you'll have to build MAME releases
yourself starting from next month. This will also be the last release
with source code distributed in the "zip in zip" archive format. We
recommend getting source code by cloning a tagged revision from one of
our version control mirrors (GitHub, GitLab or SourceForge), or you can
use the P7ZIP tools to extract the self-extracting 7-Zip source archive.
For MAME 0.217, we've switched the Windows tool chain to GCC 9.2.0, and
uploaded an updated tools package (the minimum supported GCC version has
not changed).

With all the housekeeping announcements out of the way, we can get to
those juicy updates. The most exciting thing this month is the recovery
of the Sega Model 1 coprocessor TGP programs for Star Wars Arcade and
Wing War, making these games fully playable. We've been working on
Virtua Fighter as well, and while the graphics are greatly improved,
there are still some gameplay issues as of this release. In other arcade
emulation news, sasuke has been busy fixing long-standing graphical
issues in Nichibutsu games, and AJR has made some nice improvements to
the early SNK 6502-based games.

On the home system side, there are some nice Sam Coupé improvements from
TwistedTom, support for Apple II paddle controllers, a better Apple II
colour palette, and significant improvements to Acorn RiscPC emulation.
TV game emulation is progressing steadily, with two Lexibook systems,
the Jungle Soft Zone 40, and the MiWi 16-in-1 now working.

For front-end developers, we've added data to the XML list format
allowing you to handle software lists enabled by slot card devices
(there are a few of these for Acorn and Sinclair home computers). The
minimaws sample script has been updated to demonstrate a number of tasks
related to handling software lists. For MAME contributors, we've made
save state registration a bit simpler, and more manageable in the debugger.

You can get the source and Windows binary packages from the download page.

Devil Master

Mar 19, 2020, 5:20:15 PM3/19/20
> The most exciting thing this month is the recovery
> of the Sega Model 1 coprocessor TGP programs for Star Wars Arcade and
> Wing War, making these games fully playable. We've been working on
> Virtua Fighter as well, and while the graphics are greatly improved,
> there are still some gameplay issues as of this release.

Peccato che nessuno sia in grado di:
1) isolare l'emulazione del Model 1
2) reimplementare la visualizzazione dei poligoni usando le OpenGL o le
Direct3D, per permettere anche la stereoscopia

Sarebbe tutto un altro modo di giocare a VIRTUA Fighter e VIRTUA Racing,
e l'unico con cui il nome di quei giochi diventerebbe vero in senso
letterale (senza dimenticarci di Netmerc, che originariamente era
stereoscopico, ma col mame visualizza una scena sola, con buona pace
dell'accuratezza!)