Discussion question 2

heather...@eagles.usm.edu

Jun 29, 2011, 3:09:10 PM6/29/11
to IT 465
What are some pros to online education? What are some cons?

heather...@eagles.usm.edu

Jun 29, 2011, 3:19:50 PM6/29/11
to IT 465
The pros to online education are endless. Students are able to have
flexibility and be comfortable with their role in an online class.
Students can usually work at their own pace. I feel like I learn
things on my own and retain the information better because I figured
it out myself. It takes a very disciplined and responsible student in
order to keep up with an online class. Students have to know about
technology, budget their time, and work well by themselves.

Sharon Goff

Jun 30, 2011, 9:44:34 AM6/30/11
to it-465...@googlegroups.com
There are many pros to online education: the cost of travel is greatly diminished and this leave less of a footprint on the environment. students who take classes on line must be discipline enough to work alone, diligent enough to get the work finished in a timely manner, and provides the student with opportunity to pace themselves as they are able. The cons of online education: The lack of face to face interaction with people is a negative and problems may arise that the student is unable to find a remedy it may be harder to get solutions to problems.

Brittany Gardner

Jun 30, 2011, 10:24:55 PM6/30/11
to it-465...@googlegroups.com
There are an abundance of pros when it comes to online education.  However, there are just as many cons.  Online classes allow for flexibility.  They give students the option to work at their own pace.  They promote independent learning.  Online classes do not require the commute to campus and can be more economically friendly.  On the other hand, it is easy to get lost in an online class.  Some students may need face to face interaction with an instructor to do well. Also, a student must be self disciplined in order to keep up with his or her assignments.  Students can also underestimate the amount of work that must be put into an online class.  It takes alot of time, effort, and self discipline.