Locking the door

Bryan & Jenny

Nov 4, 2014, 12:00:07 AM11/4/14
to isuzu-rodeo-moto...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

We are having problems locking the door from the inside. Yes we know that the key hole must be upright and the knob on the inside gets pushed in.
This works when the door is open but not when it is closed so not of much help. Anyone else had this problem or suggestions as to what the cause could be?
Cheers, Jenny

Basil & Jessica Young

Nov 4, 2014, 4:16:18 AM11/4/14
to isuzu-rodeo-moto...@googlegroups.com
Hi
I had the same problem until I got the local locksmith to overhaul the lock.  Got a new set of keys.
Cheers
Basil

Bryan & Jenny

Nov 4, 2014, 3:08:40 PM11/4/14
to isuzu-rodeo-moto...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Basil, we wondered if that would be the case.
Off to the locksmiths then.

Cheers, Jenny

Patsy

Nov 4, 2014, 3:09:27 PM11/4/14
to isuzu-rodeo-moto...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, 3 Nov 2014 21:00:07 -0800 (PST), you wrote:

Hi Jenny
We are having the same problem albeit intermittently so we will
probably have to redo the lock at some stage as well. Hope you can
solve your worry.
cheers
Patsy

gt...@xtra.co.nz

Nov 5, 2014, 12:04:21 AM11/5/14
to isuzu-rodeo-moto...@googlegroups.com
Hi Everyone,

We had the problem of not being able to lock the door from the inside but were able to lock it from the outside with the key. Hubby just tightened the wee push in lock button by turning it in tightly. Must of unscrewed over the time of use? But it all worked well then.
Hope you get it sorted soon 😊

Tracy & Garry

Sent from Windows Mail

Bryan & Jenny

Nov 5, 2014, 5:19:08 PM11/5/14
to isuzu-rodeo-moto...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

Thank you all for your helpful suggestions.
We decided to take the camper in to our friendly locksmith this morning. 1/2 an hours work. He took the back off, stretched the springs out as they had become compressed and lubricated all. Then locked himself inside and had the boss try to get in from the outside. It worked. He also suggested putting a small patio bolt on the inside as added protection as we would always be able to lock from the outside but if the inside went again we would be secure.

Cheers, Jenny

Bob

Dec 15, 2014, 9:47:01 PM12/15/14
to isuzu-rodeo-moto...@googlegroups.com
Hi Bryan,

Good to catch up. That Fibreglass provider that I use is:-
Graham Tully
G.T. Composites
166 Maces Road,
Bromley, Christchurch