solar panel

Patsy

Mar 26, 2012, 9:50:26 PM3/26/12
to isuzu-rodeo-moto...@googlegroups.com
Hi Neil

The 'control panel' which just seems to show lights and stuff is in
the under sink cupboard (hence the dark pic) it shows the charging on
our normal panel above which has water levels and battery level etc.
cheers
Patsy

solar4.jpg

av8trix

Mar 1, 2013, 5:20:16 AM3/1/13
to isuzu-rodeo-moto...@googlegroups.com
Attached is another way of fitting solar panels.  Mine is a 150W fitted to the over cab so as to keep the roof clear should I decide to fit the top-box back up on roof.
You might just be able to make out the conduit cable running just above the awning.  It runs parallel until just to the left of the door.  Then it goes inside and runs beside the cabinet (Hidden behind a conduit cover it took me a few days to even notice!), down through the floor and under the step to meet up to the battery.  The controller/meter is not a super flash one and is tucked away inside the cupboard on the outside wall so handy to the house battery which is directly below.  I can see it easily by moving  couple of things if I feel the need.  Having calculated my needs and after a watching it for a while I know it takes care of the battery well.  Even better now I have a less poer hungry computer - yes unfortunately I have to work occasionally.  With the fridge working again I am free!!!
Solar Panel.jpg