Instructions

Patsy

Oct 19, 2014, 8:35:30 PM10/19/14
to lif...@gmail.com, isuzu-rodeo-moto...@googlegroups.com
Hi Bob

I was very interested in that list of instructions hope you dont mind
but changed what was slightly different on my camper and printed them
out. It was the ONE thing we didnt have when we bought our camper so
had to play with things until we found out how they worked. Made a few
calls to the people we bought it off because of course we didnt think
of everything when we picked it up.
Will be in my folder in the camper for the next person who gets her
when we decided to downsize which hopefully wont be too soon.
We have been around the South Island a couple of times I love her
because she is like a car to drive which means we share the driving.
One thing we are not sure of is how long it takes to cool down the
fridge when on 12volt. We have never used it because we were always
scared that we would forget to switch it off when we stopped but I see
in your instructions that it ONLY works when the truck key is on? is
that correct.?
We also took the back off the sofa and put it away and I put plump
cushions on the seat as I use it as a single bed while hubby sleeps up
top. That works well so noone has to climb over anyone if they need
to get up in the night. lol
many thanks
Patsy

Bob

Oct 19, 2014, 11:27:33 PM10/19/14
to isuzu-rodeo-moto...@googlegroups.com, lif...@gmail.com
Hi Patsy,
Great to hear from you both. We were the same, no instructions, and so its all been trial and error except for a couple we met from Waipara who kindly gave us a copy of their basic English version. If you find differences on you van it would be good to post them as there seems to be differences between vans as to their functions.
I understand the getting out at night as we both sleep upstairs and it would be nice to have more room, but we can resort to your idea now when it becomes a problem.

Now regarding the fridge. Ours is a 3 way although we mainly use it on 12v when travelling and on gas when parked. You are correct, there is a separate relay usually located under the sink that picks up whenever the ignition is on that allows the fridge to chill when in the 12v position. You can tell if it is working on 12v outside in the rear of the fridge compartment as the exhaust chimney gets warm when operating.
Since I've had the solar I wired an over-ride switch in that allows it to remain on the 12v even with the ignition off if needed.
By leaving it on the 12v position, we stock the fridge up and it will be cold on around 2.5 after a couple of hours of driving I find, and so this saves a bit of gas bringing it down to temperature.
The gas and 12v works well and we can freeze anything in the freezer compartment after an hour or so while travelling or on gas. The fridge on 12v uses a bit of battery cooling down so I've found we only use it when travelling or with good solar sunlight when parked.
Regards
Bob

Fridge-Gas-Flame-Ind.jpg
Fridge-Controls.jpg